Sunday 4 November 2018

split down the middle

Pin It now!
........ err, not the body, but the numbers!

Of the 40 thieves Alibaba is supposed to nab, he’s reached the halfway mark of 20. Now, due to a change of heart, this has become the body of the elephant and only the tail is left – the 20 that are remaining form a puny mass. But I’m not telling now – you’ll just have to come back to see the tail, and probably the entire elephant!

Here is how the latest 5 bodies look laid out in 4 different directions ! (click here for a 'mugshot' of all 20)  
Blossoms Motifs 16-20
  
Following are the pattern notations for these 5 motifs. 
All worked in Lizbeth size 20 with single shuttle.
Techniques
rosette ; picot join to the right ; luggage tag loop or larks head knot ; lock join.

Blossoms Motif #16
2½"× 1¼"

Since these are all ‘prototypes’, I sometimes found it difficult to attach the next rosette at a particular point, since there was no picot on the earlier rosette. I countered that by linking current floret somewhere along the line, keeping the overall stitchcount intact. 
I have given the count for that particular petal/ring in the image.

Blossoms Motif #17
> 2¼" × 1½"

Blossoms Motif #18
<2" × 1½"


Blossoms Motif #19
> 2" × 1¼"


Blossoms Motif #20
1¾" × > 1¼"

Oh, and all shuttles emptied for a 2nd time as the last motif was being completed. 

Blossoms Yin-Yang Bracelet/pendant #2 (idea)
Motifs 16 & 17 can create a nicely niched yin-yang bracelet. 

Blossoms Wreath/Garland #5
‘Tis the season for wreaths! 
 All 5 motifs arranged to form a medium to large wreath or garland.

Blossoms Wreath/Garland #6
 A smaller one, perhaps for a card or as a tree ornament, with only motifs 18 & 19.

More garlands/wreaths : Small (#1 & #2) Large (#3)Medium (#4) .




Tatting is happiness personified in all seasons! J 

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'd almost forgotten that word, Jane! But it is perfect for my next post on this topic ;-D

      Delete
  2. Yes I agree with Jane, my favorite is 18, 20, and then I saw the bracelet and necklace. I love these colors but here in autumn land I would love to make this in deep red and golden and deep dark pink, I guess you would call it Victorian colors. Oh you got the imagination going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They definitely would look good in fall colours, Carollyn! Keep the imagination going :-)))

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! Love the idea of garlands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ninetta, I think the garlands can act as a frame as well? Thanks :-)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue :-) They always make me happy!

      Delete
  5. I love your little motifs. I've saved every one of them. And...I never do that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is High praise, indeed, Linda!!! Hope you enjoy working through them :-))

      Delete