Saturday 10 November 2018

tatting n chatting

Pin It now!
You know how it is with most Japanese/Korean blogs – such beautiful tatting, yet it is near impossible to leave a comment there. Thought I’d take a few minutes to ‘introduce’ a couple of such bloggers.

Recently I stumbled upon a prolific & skilled tatter ‘moondrops’ and scrolled back to all her tatting posts. Wow! She has made so many large projects and multiple times ( Mystery Doily, many magic square patterns), too! Do take some time out to visit her blog and be amazed. And it tickled me pink to see Ninetta's treble triangle motif and also my spiral snowflake worked just as beautifully.


Then there’s sekiraralace. You just Have to see this cute yarn ball bag she tatted. Such a simple concept really – 2 small doilies/coasters attached with an insertion! Check it out. I did manage to leave a comment there by clicking on the heart sign, but it shows up only as a number….I couldn’t retrieve my text, but hopefully she got to read it.


Now here’s a site that gets me laughing. John Atkinson is just so creative with his hands, brain, words, images! Nothing to do with tatting, but a good dose of intelligent (mostly) and irreverent (always) fun. From the time I came across it a few months back, I wait eagerly for his next cartoon.

And last but not least, Helen Walters created an entire wreath of poppy ice drops (my secret fb correspondent sent me a screenshot) inspired  by my tiny heart poppy which in turn is a 3D adaptation of Mónica Manceñido’s heart!!! Isn’t it fantastic how patterns move and inspire?! The poppy ice drop pattern is now shared on the Shuttlebirds site.

I read that this year jute poppies were sold/gifted in the UK to mark the contribution of Indian troops during WW1.
I absolutely love the poppy flower - the colours, the elegance, the independence! Should really make an effort to tat this one again and diagram the pattern properly. 

till next time, then .... have a great weekend with tons of tatting for the coming season!


6 comments:

  1. I love seeing how patterns inspire others, are adapted and ‘progress’. Good to come across new tatting blogs too, thanks for sharing the links to them. Poppies are very topical at the moment and yours is a splendid example, I’m not surprised it has been an inspiration to others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This post is my way of saying thank you to those whose work I admire, yet cannot reach, Jane :-) These are on my blog list for all to see.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the links. I'm also fascinated by Japanese lace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do such exquisite work, don't they, Marja :-))

      Delete
  3. I love moondrops' tatting, but it's nearly impossible for me to even understand where to click... images are so powerful, but eyes only can't tell everything, that's the power of the language. Just for chatting, visual patterns are my favourite, but can't be used in the right way if you don't put a legend, a textual part. When I started diagramming my patterns, I was fascinated by the visual instructions used in origami, step by step drawings, that I could understand even if they were in Japanese. But still can't find a similar clear method for tatting patterns, sigh! I think tatting needs something like the international stitch color code that there is in bobbin lace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried, too, Nineta, but the verification code is in Japanese, so there's no way we can type that. Hopefully she will see this post and know that we acknowledge her work :-)
      We try our best with diagrams, don't we :-P Your are so artistic that my hubby Always stops to compliment when he sees a printout!!

      Delete