Monday, 17 August 2026

help please

Pin It now!

 The DAL 2026 challenge is progressing nicely with 13 participants already sending in their start and/or finished models and a commitment from two others. Some have made/are making multiple versions and/or multiple rounds!!! Some have designed for the first time, but looking at their models, you wouldn't ever guess that! It is so exciting and inspiring. 

Since my blog has been silent for a couple of weeks, here's a quick write-up where I need your help.

This is an onion ring motif I created using Anne Fairchild's Skylark Join which works well to join both chains as well as true rings to a picot that lies below the current work. It is an old join (the Lark's Head Join) with a new function or application.

So here's where I'd like your suggestions -
  1. Should I add another round around the rings?  My intention was to add a chain round that dips in to resemble petals. What do you think?
  2. What should I name this motif? I am drawing a complete blank there.


I have been enjoying some tatting time and have taken stepwise pics for several of the projects, including the join and motif above. Many are for 'new' techniques. Some day I hope to upload them all.

Hope to hear from you, after which I will prepare a proper post with pattern, links, etc. ....

No comments:

Post a Comment