Friday 24 August 2018

one fifth cornered

Pin It now!
Alibaba has cornered 8 of the 40 thieves! In tatting lexicon, that’s 8 motifs and one corner ;-P

All together. 
The corner in center later sprouted more leaves (scroll down for pic)

Blossoms Motif #7
 
Notice the number of petals in each flower is different – 9, 5 and 6. 
2¼” x 1¾” in Lizbeth 20

Blossoms Motif #8
Here the 2 end flowers are the same, except for colour.
2¼” x 1¼” in Lizbeth 20

Blossoms Square Motif ?
When placed together, motifs 7 & 8 can form a square with a wee bit of tweaking....

Blossoms Corner Motif
This corner is not part of the 40. It is for a handkerchief, to be gifted soon. The sewing is all done, but I still need to iron it before taking final pics. I’ll share it, along with pattern, in a future post.
In Lizbeth 20, the sides are 2¼” each, and diagonal is 2¾”

How to store?
Here’s how I’ve been storing the motifs till now....
A transparent envelope with a handmade paper envelope inside, giving an opaque background. But the envelope is full and I need a better storage solution. Obviously I want them to lie flat and separate. I have a few half-baked ideas, but would love to hear your suggestions. How would you store them for easy visibility and access?



happy tatting J

14 comments:

  1. You’re making good progress muskaan, so pretty and fresh. You need more of those clear envelopes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a joy working on these, Jane :-) Thank you

      Delete
  2. I love seeing the way you play with simple motifs, showing that possibilities are endless with a little use of the imagination. I wish I had a storage solution for you. I could use one myself! I've been using boxes with tissue paper, but that's not a very good solution as I have to unwrap everything to see what I have. I remember Gina Brummett (Tatting Goddess) had a binder with plastic sleeves and copies of the antique patterns she was tatting. It made a wonderful display, but I'm not sure that's what you're looking for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diane :-) Robin does something similar for storage. I want a temporary solution since eventually all 40 will be sewn on and sent off. All my other stuff is just dumped (well, laid flat as far as possible) in clear plastic boxes, including the larger Ferrero Rocher ones ;-p

      Delete
  3. You'd need at least 5 or 6 of the clear envelopes if you want to see everything you have at a glance. OR if you didn't need to see it to remember what you have and what you still need, you might try plastic boxes. I have translucent (and a few transparent) plastic 'shoebox' size boxes. I keep things in layers with white tissue paper between the layers. The drawback is having to take everything out to see what you have so far. I have a few larger plastic boxes (some are translucent, some are opaque) that I store larger projects in, but something large and flat would work, too. I wonder if you could turn the clear envelope over and put some more motifs on the 'back' side. If there is room, that would double your storage capacity without having to make any changes ….yet. ;)

    Your colors are lovely, your flowers and leaves look beautiful and the whole thing together is so happy and cheerful.
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stephanie :-) I love the back to back use of the transparent envelope! I, too, use an assortment of clear containers, but without tissue paper. But I have a LOT of organising to do - everything is jumbled up. The moment I finish a project (which won't be gifted) I simply dump it in the nearest box ;-(

      Delete
  4. I just love seeing your beautiful bright flowers!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, they cheer me up no end, Sue :-)))

      Delete
  5. this is such a pleasure to see and visit your tatting is "jaw dropping"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my tatting is much better with Lizbeth threads, Carollyn ;-P
      Have you seen the new technique on the tatting board - Spiral Rings?

      Delete
  6. Beautiful flower corner motifs thanks for sharing the patterns,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Margaret, and glad your blog is up and running again :-))

      Delete