Thursday 19 December 2019

monkey business

Pin It now!
Snowflake #23 in Land of Laces’ 25 Snowflake Project

Why did I title this post ‘monkey business’? I’ll tell you in a bit. Let me start from the beginning.

It was an amazing start in a sense. After a few beaded trials that needed more figuring out, I finally decided what I would do. But no lessons learnt, sigh. It ended up as a square. I think it looks superb as an ornament – pendant, earring, brooch?
While it holds well, if one wants to wear it, I think some stiffening will be needed otherwise the swinging beads will fold down with gravity. 
I wish I could capture the beautiful sheen & shine.

For the snowflake project though, I started a new one without beads. Folded rings are not often seen in snowflake patterns and I repeated the top ring inside the negative space as well. Lots of folded rings (need to practice, so don’t look too closely) and I like the overall design! 
Anita Barry spoiled it for me!!! I was pretty happy with my latest star but she saw a monkey face in it! She’s such a Goose. Now all I can see is a Monkey, too, or perhaps even a Lion or Tiger face. She even suggested a name like Monkey Mania and is determined to call her's 'monkey face'! Grrrr, I’m too Chicken to use it because then all everybody will see is that darned monkey!
I still know which name will stick, though ;-P
And do you see a Butterfly? I saw it while tatting and is worth pursuing.

While I have finalised the count, this star model can be considered a prototype since there is a bit of tweaking going on. So if you have suggestions, please do share. I might incorporate them.

It is too cold for me to work at my desktop for long, hence pattern will have to wait. I also want to make this a 6-armed snowflake. Then all 3 patterns can be uploaded in one go.

Meanwhile I have worked the first trial of #24. Should be able to work and share in a couple of days. 

14 comments:

  1. I so agree, Anita Barry is so much fun. I'm grateful for Tat Days or we never would have met.
    But, also, your patterns are exceptional. I love the 2 squares at different angles. I anxiously await the final on your snowflake -- monkeys or not. :-D
    LindaR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anita has the very same to say of you, Linda 😄😍
      Thanks for your lovely comment. Guess I'll have to prioritise the pattern 🐥🐵💕

      Delete
  2. I was seeing little flowers in the pink snowflake until you mentioned the monkey face. Now all I can 'find' in it is a monkey face and the flower has disappeared. :) Anyway, both are pretty, whether there is a monkey hiding in there or not.
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sigh, see what you've done, Anita 🐵 Glad you like it, Stephanie 😉😄💕💕

      Delete
  3. The square blue is awesome!!! :)
    Great snowflake star!! :) I think I would join the 2 folded rings to close the "gap", but maybe you wanted the gap. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think along those lines, Sue!! Thanks for the suggestion - I think a long picot would work to cover the space, yet not increase it's density. Thank you so much 😍💕💖🐥

      Delete
  4. You are so funny, I was wondering where you were headed with the whole monkey face thing 🙈 I just think this is bananas 🍌
    It's beautiful just look at the whole picture 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What can I say, Carollyn, I have funny (oops, fum) friends 😉😄 Thanks, gobbling up the banana 🍌🍌🍌

      Delete
  5. Są super! Podobają mi się. :)
    Porównanie do małpki zaskoczyło mnie, bo ja tak nie widziałam.
    Pozdrawiam ciepło.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I hope you don't see the face in future as well, splocik 😉😄😃
      Thank you for your lovely comment 💕🐥💙

      Delete
  6. Even though I love both, blue is my favorite! <3
    Have a great holiday
    erba

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and wish you the same, CasaERBA 💕🌹💙 The blue one sparkles beautifully when seen in real 😉

      Delete
  7. Tikki Monkey for me. 🙂😆🙃🙂

    ReplyDelete