Monday 23 December 2019

finito

Pin It now!
#24 & #25 in Land of Laces' 25 Snowflake Project.

Phew, it's done! The last 2, in the nick of time. And yet, I feel, actually I find, there are still so many ideas on my drawing board yet to see the light of day. And a couple midway on my shuttles.
Anyways, plenty of time for all that.

First, season's greetings to all my readers. Almost everywhere I see/read, the weather is playing havoc or is pretty 'un'seasonal. Hope good cheer prevails over and above the weatherman's predictions.

#24 is a throwback idea from 2016. This stacked adaptation is called Double Dotted Snowflake. I had liked how the twin dots appear close together, forming a virtual circle,  under the arches. I need to tat one more to confirm that it works as neatly as when 2 separate motifs are stacked. But more details, along with pattern, later.

And the final, #25, is a deliberately wonky tree which has spunk to be seen as crooked ;-p 

I came across this graphic card with this sketch in one of the blogs a couple of months back (can't find that blog now), and Loved the freeform sketch with character!

It was easy to convert to tatting, but beading took me a lot of time.

UPDATE : Pattern for this tree motif is posted in pdf here.

Now I need to take a group photo of all 25(+) models for this project. Wonder how I'll fit them all in one frame ... i have an idea, but like so many, execution belies imagination ;-D

16 comments:

  1. Wow, congratulations!! You set yourself a huge task and successfully accomplished it, I take my hat off to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty surprised myself, Jane 😄😍 I was very tentative going into it, but am glad I took the plunge.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Grazie mille, Ninetta 😍 Am about to upload the full flurry pic on facebook 😉

      Delete
  3. Well done on getting the 25 done, you produced so many new patterns I will be busy for the next year, Love the tree pattern
    I wish you and your family a very happy christmas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Margaret 😍 Looking forward to seeing my patterns being tweaked and tatted 💕🎄

      Delete
  4. You worked to hard on presenting beautiful items and loved everything Merry Christmas 🎄❤🎄hugs from Carollyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Carollyn 😍🎄🎅⛄🎄

      Delete
  5. I ment to say so verd hard not too hard😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😄😉😆 happens often with "autocorrect", but our brain autocorrects & overwrites the mischievous autocorrect 😉

      Delete
  6. Szép minta...Utolag is kivánok boldog ünnepeket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nagyon köszönöm, Vera 💕🎄🎅⛄🎄😍

      Delete
  7. Very nice Christmas tree and snowflakes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Anetta 😍🎄💕🎄

      Delete
  8. Congratulations, they are so lovely!
    Have a great holiday!
    erba

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you, too, erba 😍 Many thanks 🎄💕🎄

      Delete