Tuesday 24 November 2020

spinoff fun

Pin It now!

In Jan this this I tatted 2 more spinoffs from Folded Fun square and star. 2 six-pointed versions. I'll try to add a pattern when I get around to it, but don't hold your breath! Because as I peeked into my diary where the 25 Snowflake projects were documented, I cannot find the new ones, sigh!

This is the snowflake version, not much different from the 5-pointed star. The main difference is additional stitches in the inner rings so that we now have 6 instead of 5.

This is the Stupa version - the folded rings on the outside reminded me of the 3rd century BCE Sanchi Stupa - a world famous UNESCO world heritage site - part of Buddhist holy pilgrimage.

Here they are all together (one of the stars is a prototype), positioned as a cross. I loved tatting the two 6-point versions, even during my slump phase and the colours cheered me up.

Worked in Anchor Pearl Cotton, size 8.

I have a lot of rummaging to do! Be it patterns or actual lace. I barely complete a project than jump on to another and keep forgetting along the way. Which is why I will be uploading pics of several of my designed lace, even if sharing the pattern may come much later.

12 comments:

  1. Fun use of folded rings! These are all so pretty that it's hard to choose a favorite, but I do like the pink Stupa design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. I like your excitement too, moving on to the next experiment. There is precedent for saying ‘here’s the picture, copy it if you want to’, rather than spending tatting time writing patterns! On the other hand, documenting what you do advances tatting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always a toss-up, isn't it, Jane ;-D I do have the count for the square and star but can't find the other 2. I always think I'll remember but I never learn ;-P

      Delete
  3. Those have cheered me up also! Thank you!
    I, too, forget to close the loop by writing out a pattern that I can re-tat and share! Perhaps we should start a challenge to see who can get to 100% documentation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, we'll all end in a tie, Mel ;-P Hmm, makes me wonder whether we are a hare or a tortoise or a mix of both?!

      Delete
  4. These are all so pretty! They make a person feel cheerful just LOOKING at them! It's been a grey, dreary-looking day today, but your bright colors being sunshine into the room.
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always eager to spread good cheer, Stephanie :-))))

      Delete
  5. Folded rings sound new and lots of fun. I like your design, especially the Stupa variation. Could these folded rings be a new way of doing onion rings? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha Ess shared several cute practice patterns displaying the effects and applications of folded rings (the link is in my resources page).
      I Love your idea of onion rings, Lavi, and am not sure it's been done before. Ooo, a Josephine ring in the center with a folded ring around it!!!

      Delete