Friday 15 February 2019

curled and celtic

Pin It now!
Overcoming the lethargy to work with beads means I take the opportunity to work a few projects in quick succession! This time it is Ninetta’s ice drop with curled rings. Well, it does have another round with treble hearts, which changes the circle to a square. I stopped at 2 rounds since this appealed to me even more.
The variegated didn’t quite turn out as pretty as I'd visualized. And as you can see, using it for the curled rings makes it look too busy. Went with silver (on right) and snipped off the earlier part.

TIP : To get the curled ring to look like a heart, insert the ring (the picot end) from below and fold/curl from above. This difference is clearly visible between the first 2 curls on the left.

As recommended, I chose a 2cms glass pebble. Yet for some reason it looked like 8 repeats would be too tight a fit, so a 9th was added. No, didn’t need it!

I like the clever way she used 2 motifs to interlace and trap the cabochon within! Faux Celtic along with curled rings and more – nice!! You can see the underbelly in Ninetta’s post – I forgot to take a pic. 
UPDATE (Feb 25) : Please read continuing post with some more pics and a WIP variation. This pattern was taught in Online Tatting Class on Feb 18th.

I have one more ice drop pendant to show you next time ... stay tuned :-))) 

12 comments:

  1. Very intricate! Yes, I put my beads away and then have to overcome inertia before I get them out again. Then do a few projects before putting them away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too, Jane? I'm in good company then 😉💜

      Delete
  2. It's fabulous!!!! :)
    I love the colors too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember your preference for variegated, Sue 😆💙

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. 😄 Nin, I really wish you would name your patterns - it is so difficult to notate the pics otherwise 😉💖

      Delete
  4. The colors are gorgeous! I really like variegated threads, but you're right - it did look too 'busy' with only the variegated thread. The silver is perfect. It unifies the colors and makes it look really nice.
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much, Stephanie 💖🌹😊 The colourway really is pretty, but now I have to be careful where to use!

      Delete
  5. I love this pattern, it’s now on my to do list, love the colours

    ReplyDelete