Wednesday 20 February 2019

rose is a rose

Pin It now!
rose is a rose is a rose, whatever the material used.
Time to make a rose spray after my first trial here.
Huh, turned out the coloured paper I’d bought had lots of coloured square sheets but only 3 of each colour. And each rose requires 3 sheets to make. It was either send hubby back to buy more, or simply go with the white rose. Why not? The first one did look good. And the theme seemed to be white (white saree, silver/white wrapping paper).
I found the video for DIY paper rose. It is by Dreamy Posy here. 
Also found an 'easy' rose bud video. Hmm, my fingers couldn’t turn out one as nice as in the video. Patience was hard to come by :-( 
Leaves are simple, as before, except for a spikier rim. Folded for veins.
A spray needs baby breaths! Watched this video by tsuku cafe and tried. Ugh, it was a horrendous job with glue & tissue sticking to my fingers. Not happy with the green taping either, but well, job done. (the 'well' is displaced ;-P).
Overall it looked fine. Hubby thought it was an overkill. More importantly MIL loved it and is going to use it to embellish her friend’s birthday gift in a few weeks' time ;-D
If we were geographically closer, I would’ve offered to make a better spray. I'm going to try my hand at crochet roses/flowers for next time. 

14 comments:

  1. I think you did a great job and it makes the parcel really special!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are sweet, Jane, and I appreciate it 😄💗💗💗💗

      Delete
  2. I love things made out of paper and you did a great job. They are fantastic 🍃🌹🍃

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful rose decoration!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. your unintentional coordination gave a lovely affect. And I'd say the presentation was equal to the gift; )
    I am going to miss all those thieves, they had such grand adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily, you haven't seen the last of the thieves yet ;-p I still need to share the patterns for remaining gang and the ta-da moment (although that last might be disappointing due to my lack of skills and the weather!)

      Delete
    2. Oh, goodie!! For that treat I promise not to be dissapointed ; )

      Delete
  5. Beautiful work! Glue and I have an understanding....I don't ask it to stick things together, and it doesn't get all over me. The only time I get up the courage to use glue is when I'm string beads for tatting projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Et tu, Mel ?! I was thinking of Jane M when struggling with it ;-P
      You have a wonderful way of describing your relationship - I've come unglued :-D

      Delete
  6. You gals are the sweetest!! Thanks everybody :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely spray of roses,
    I make mine out of a strip of ribbon, which you turn and fold. A stem can be added to put in a vase or use as a group as a spray.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that folding technique, Margaret - we used to make them as kids! Isn't it fun to pull one ribbon end and voilà a rose in the hand!
      🌹🌹🌹

      Delete