Wednesday 30 January 2019

a winter rose

Pin It now!
Huh, paper roses are so easy to make?!

The net is teeming with DIY paper flowers and I love browsing through the eye candy (pics, videos and my saved pins). After salivating for so long, I Had to try one.
Got the hubster to go buy me some double-sided coloured squares (grumble, grumble,...;-D) since the origami ones I had are coloured only on one side.

And last night, after tatting lights were switched off, while watching a show, in the soft light of my bedside lamp, I decided to give it a go.
Not yet confident, I picked up a regular A4 sheet, cut 4 squares (I needed only 3) of 10cmsx10cms and went to work. Folding, cutting, gluing the edges, curling, and gluing in layers. Perfect for a first !!!
No more grumbles – he LOVES it and I’m back to full marks on ‘talent’ ;-P

There was a rectangular strip left from the A4 sheet which I folded and cut into leaves. Then folded to mark veins and curled.

I can't find the exact video from which I made this rose, but you can get a idea here and here. It's that simple, really!
I'm glad for the trial, so I know how large a 10x10 rose is.

The white itself looks so lovely, that I wonder if I really need colours now ;-P

And if you are wondering what I’m going to do with the flowers I make – they are to embellish the gift wrap for MIL’s saree.

13 comments:

  1. Wow, good for you. I’m hopeless with paper, can’t imagine making such a pretty rose on first attempt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane, you just can't go wrong with this rose, except for the glue part which I think you have an allergy to?
      I think beginner's luck played it's role 😉

      Delete
  2. Now I have the paper roses song playing in my head!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had no idea.... checked it out on youtube. Nice, though not in favour of paper flowers 😆
      There's one song in hindi where it starts with 'paper flowers can bring colour and beauty but not scent....'

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It is a beauty, Sue, if I say so myself 😄

      Delete
  4. Of course! Such an exquisite gift needs an extra special packaging; )
    I think a bouquet of them with wire stemming would look lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! It will be a sweet finishing for your gift, actually it could be a gift in itself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Another talent! A gift with a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo, I like that idea of 2-in-1 gift, Ninetta & Michelle 😚
    Emily, you're gonna make me work more, eh?! 😈💖💗

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely accent for the gift! I know it will be treasured along with the saree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Mel, it will be treasured by both MIL & SIL ☺ It is satisfying when handmade gifts are appreciated, isn't it!
      My next gift is going to be hankies with tatted edgings for SIL & niece.

      Delete
  9. For Cancer it won't be sufficient to get just a present. Anything which you can do in order to personalize the gifts on stoneFoot is going to be a hit.

    ReplyDelete