Wednesday 23 January 2019

rising from the dead

Pin It now!

aka the seven-year itch ?!

Flashback Oct 2012...
For a few years I had been following a cross-stitch designer who shared the most fabulous embroidery patterns on her blog. She decided to stop blogging and shift to facebook and in a moment of temptation, I signed up. Within a couple of weeks, though, I stopped visiting the site and soon forgot my password! Until ….

...Flashforward to the present Jan 2019
…..until I got an email from fb giving me a link where I could update my profile. Curious, I checked it out. Then Ninetta, my friendly fb correspondent, guided me further and now I have reactivated my account, including changing my password ;-P

I need time (and guidance, Nin!) to find my way around. At this point my very simple aim is to connect my blog activity through pics without spending too much time there. 
You can find me here. Or the mobile link here.
 !" caught in the fb web ?! shiver me timbers ;-D


And this is what I’ve been up to when life permits me: sewing blossoms motifs to the saree. Yes, those 40 thieves were unshackled and boxed before being tampered down again. 
This pic was taken about a week back. I now have only 8 more motifs left to sew. But I might need to tat a few more. Shuttles have been lying idle while my hands itch to pick them up. So I might just tat a few bonus motifs just for the fun of it ;-D

Sewing/appliquéing with regular white sewing thread, doubled.
TIP : I dislike flattened picots. Hence the tiny stitch I make is at the base, on one side. It is sufficient to hold the picot in place, yet provide some lift.

10 comments:

  1. Sounds as though you’re making good progress on the sewing. I look forward to seeing the finished garment. I look at Facebook and belong to ice drop addicts group, but I find it more difficult than blogs to find my way around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I, too, prefer blogs, Jane, and blogging will remain my focus & my priority. You know my views on open/closed platforms 😉

      Delete
  2. That saree is already gorgeous!!! I am sure it will be envied!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tatting and Saree what a wonderful combination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grazie, thanks, and merci 😀
    Bernice, this is one of many tatting sewn on saree down the years. Wish I had pics of them all. You've worn a saree, too...try appliquéing tatted lace/motifs next time? ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will we get to see a picture of you wearing that beautiful saree? Many bloggers have moved to Facebook, and it seems that many Facebook users have moved to Instagram. I'm on all three. I find that blogging gives me a greater opportunity to write as little or as much as I like. Facebook seems to reach the most people. Instagram is something I seldom think about. All in all, I'd rather be tatting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The saree us for my MIL, Diane, but let's see 😆
      Well and truly said - tatting trumps all !!! 😃😃😃

      Delete
  6. I hope those thieves enjoyed their temporary freedom! They Saree is looking lovely!!
    What is the material is it made of? It looks as exquisite as your tatting!
    Agree on the picots. Flattened down they are so lifeless!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Emily, those thieves are enjoying their last supper in that F-R chocolate box as they wait for their turn 😉
      The saree is a cotton weave called Kota Doria. It is a very light (but sturdy) summery material, very popular here.
      Thanks for your sweet words 😊
      For my personal/home use, I don't sew down picots. Stretching with fingers and ironing is good enough for me rather than totally tampered down with a stitch 😆

      Delete