Tuesday 29 January 2019

Jennifer's heart

Pin It now!

Life is too much in the way to get some uninterrupted quiet time to tat. I face this slow-time during winters. I am barely spending an hour every other day at the desktop L No wonder the pattern presentations I’m working on is sloooooow!

But this beautifully designed filigree heart warmed me and was quickly shuttling away! Jennifer Williams has so many beautiful patterns to try out. And her instructions are easy to follow and presentation is superb! 

Worked in Anchor size 40 (shade 00047), it is 6cms high and just under 7cms wide.

Made with the most basic techniques, in one pass, using a shuttle and ball. One only needs to be mindful of the chain segments, which she points out clearly.

TIP : Inner round starts with a picot on chain to avoid cutting thread and a good skill to possess. But if a beginner is uncomfortable, they can start with any inward-facing ring and end with chain, cut and tie. Then start the outer round afresh.

TWoT analysis revealed that my shuttle will remain on right side when climbing out to the next row where there are chains with lots of picots. Hence I decided to do the chains frontside and rings backside (rods). It helped to think and plan ahead. 

I am tempted to keep this heart - it feels so good to look at, and to touch ;-D


10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is!!! Love the filigree effect, Renata.

      Delete
  2. Splendid! I mean to tat the ice drop version some time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, now I remember, Jane - the ice drop version looks cool, too!

      Delete
  3. Lovely and glad to see you make one of her hearts I may not get time to tat one before Valentine's day. Know what you mean about being busy❤🌹❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carollyn 💖 I am trying to finish a pdf of 5 heart patterns to share in time. Hopefully 😉

      Delete
  4. You've done a lovely job of tatting a beautiful pattern! I'd also be tempted to keep it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holding it in my hand, I believe it is as good a heart design as Susan Fuller's ! I might make an anniversary card for my hubby, Diane - this way I get to gift, yet keep it with me ;-P

      Delete
  5. A card was exactly what I was thinking this heart would be good for; )
    I think this pattern is going to the top of my tatting list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds 😆 Emily you will fall in love with this pattern!!!!

      Delete