Monday 21 January 2019

a gesture of thanks

Pin It now!

It is so heartwarming to see people from around the globe come forward to send positive thoughts and energy virtually and digitally. As a small thank-you gesture, this is the pattern for the awareness ribbon.

When I made it earlier this month (without any direct pattern/reference), I thought I’d come across the body design on pinterest. After a lot of hunting, I finally found it this morning here and here - centre row of a vintage insertion from Priscilla! 

A single page pdf with diagrams and a few suggestions – Positivity Ribbon pattern 
One working diagram is included for transition to next row.
I think it's nice to personalise the ribbon.


TIP : In order to hide the colour blips in the tinted lavender, I used Ninetta’s blipless joinwhich is my go-to on the rare occasions I use such a join. However this time, I counted the join as a complete stitch and I truly like the effect! Can you tell the difference between stitch and join?
Will be using it more often now. 


Techniques I used: frontside/backside tatting, folded chain (similar to folded rings), blipless join.
Both ribbons are worked with Red Rose pearl cotton size 8 ( 20).

This one-pass shuttle and ball pattern could work well as a straight edging or insertion.  But for a bracelet or choker, some tweaking will be required if one wants to have beads on the joining picots. I hope to get around to it....


A slight modification of the butterfly I used on this heart. It has a Josephine ring for head and a lock chain wrapped around for body. All with one shuttle, with a length of thread left at beginning to tat the lock chain.

UPDATE : This pattern is adapted into a hairband - Positivity Hairband.


the support a group provides is priceless !

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for the pattern! So many lovely patterns you share!
    About the blipless join, that is my join plus a 2nd half stitch, I've been counting that as one ds, but it's a matter of personal preference, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Ninetta, that is how I did your blipless join earlier 😆 I'll try both on thicker thread to compare more closely. Glad you like the pattern 🌻🌼🌻

      Delete
  2. A useful pattern because there are many awareness ribbons. Just change the thread colour! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous ribbons!! :) Love the butterfly floral heart!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice craft and I love it. I will try this definitely at home. Big thanks.


    ReplyDelete