Wednesday 13 February 2019

Goldilocks meets a friend

Pin It now!

Remember how I couldn’t introduce you to Goldilocks since she was already in bed? 
The wait is over. Meet Goldilocks and her friend, Elana! 
Well, opposites attract again (see comments here)! Gold / silver; tiny / large; warm / cool; quick project / long project; AND our two friendly designers from different hemispheres!

Closing the spiral ring using metallic thread was a tad dicey. Anyway, after making it with single shuttle, I switched the shuttle thread to regular cotton size 20, using gold for the visible stitches.
Lenka shared some nice pics on how to add beads in spiral rings. Do check out her beautiful applications of the spiral rings. 

Red Rose metallic gold size 20 & Anchor size 20. size 16 seed bead & crystal teardrop.
2+ cms across & 3+ cms long without teardrop.

Jane McLellan’s Elana has long been on my to-tat list. It is such an elegant pattern.
And I wanted to stick with blue and white. This is actually my 2nd attempt; the first being left aside after 4 repeats for 2 reasons. But read what happened in next post here. (Update)

Notice the missing chain in first round? I used the double ring & chain sequence. And the rings on the back are 5-5-5.
I used bead as picot gauge method to load bead with a crochet hook only when it was time to link. Yet the small Pony shuttle bobbin had to be loaded twice.
Adjacent Ankars motifs are slightly tightly packed with some overlap – perhaps my seed bead was too large?
But I love how it looks despite the thick white thread! And finally another struck off the unending list
Blue glass gem - 2¼ cms x ½ cm high. The pebble is not absolutely clear but has shaken snowglobe effect.  Anchor white 20.  3½" diameter

2 projects, but so many techniques have been incorporated! My knid of tatting ;-P
And now that I have my beads and gems out, there are a couple more projects queued ;-D

12 comments:

  1. Oh good, I love seeing my patterns being used! I like Goldilocks too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both look great, but I love the Ice Drop!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now there's a faithful ice drop addict, Sue 😆💖🌹

      Delete
  3. Beautiful display love them both❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I take the pains to set up a better display, Carollyn 😉💗

      Delete
  4. Both lovely! Thank you for tatting the tiny heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would've made a pair if only there was some to gift to, Nin 😄🌹

      Delete
  5. Both are beautiful, great pattern from Ninetta for the heart earrings and the ice drop is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love both their designs, too, Margaret 💖

      Delete
  6. Lovely icedrop. Can u plz tell where u got those glass gems? Am residind in gujarat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look for transparent glass pebbles on Amazon.in , Priya. Now there is quite a lot of choice. New surface is flat in the ones I bought.
      Have fun 🌹

      Delete