Sunday 28 May 2023

my DAL tadaaaa

Pin It now!

 And the reveal!!!! My version of the 3rd Round design-along for the DAL Celtic Snowflake. This is where I first posted the game - https://tipsaroundthehome.blogspot.com/2023/05/lets-design-round-3.html. My next two posts showed my own dilemma, course correction and solution trial (thanks to Anna Bonelli!). 


Several techniques, effects, stitches, and their modification have been used to achieve this result. 

I am very happy with the end result. I challenged myself and am quite satisfied.

Tatted in Red Rose size 20 threads (equivalent to Lizbeth size 10), the final size is 14cms.
Motif 1 = 4cms ; Motif 2 = 7cms.

I did away with the Josephine rings. For the tip I used a decorative picot; for the treble arches I used graduated treble tat stitches.

This is how it looks in toto. I would've loved to try Sam's visualization of the flake in blues and greens. Hopefully I will do another one in finer threads using the water effect.

To anchor the are thread in the center, after doing a lock join, I made a tied stitch (as in encapsulation) at the very base and then again at the tip. The bare thread is deliberately left uneven to give an open, free-style look.

This is the same, but from the back. After all Celtic interlacing creates a different overlap on the two sides.

Again from the back.


We now have a total of, I think, 15 models submitted or WIP, with 6 patterns (I have to write out mine to make it 7) and 2 more patterns promised. I have started compiling them in a Google Doc but it takes time to get it all done properly since time needs to be squeezed in, LOL.

11 comments:

  1. Oh wow muskaan, that’s fabulous! Now it definitely has an Eastern look, rather than a Russian one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually the Russian St Basil's Cathedral always reminded me of buildings from the Arabian Nights, hence not sure how far 'East' that is, 😁💕 Thanks, Jane, I like it too 😍

      Delete
  2. Muskaan, this option is absolutely perfect! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely design! It will be on top of my to-tat list!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW - love this! have to clear a project off my shuttles to try this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such an honour, Sam, thank you 😍 Trying my best to complete and upload the pattern ASAP 😁

      Delete
  5. It's amazing! :-D Well done, Muskaan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, this is GraceT.

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much, Grace 🌹😍🌹

      Delete