Wednesday 10 May 2023

wear me Endrucks

Pin It now!

 Game of the Month in our FB group is to tat one or more pieces of jewellery preferably using beads. After all it is something we can gift our mother this month. 

Game of the Month#WearMeEndrucks May2023 


And for this we released one more directory of patterns, ideas, and models derived from Frau Endrucks' original 44 patterns! Here it is for you to enjoy - 
Jewellery from Endrucks Directoryhttps://docs.google.com/document/d/1ns-C3xQq4CA1tjZwGxFIyKWelLJbqwXJ/view

This is the 9th directory, I already shared links to the first 7 directories in an earlier post and they are also listed at the end of each directory. Meanwhile the 8th collection consists of angular polygonal motifs, including 90 degree corners. -
Motifs- Angular from Endrucks Directory - 


So far I haven't had time to tat anything new for this game. However today I finally picked up my shuttle to tat a prototype of a motif derived from pattern #28. It was so quick to tat! I used a ball and shuttle, ctm, and avoided beads since my main purpose was to see if the stitch count worked. The long ring at the base is supposed to be replaced with a tear drop in my final model.

Clearly a bit of tweaking of the counts will render a heart pattern. However so far I will allow it to remain an earring or pendant. 

What changes would you suggest to improve the design so far?

Further links are in the top right panel of this blog. If you tat something please do let us know either in the comments or send us an email. If it is your first Endrucks' pattern you will receive a gift, too!

With thanks from Ninetta and Muskaan

12 comments:

  1. Looks great!! :)
    Yes, I see a heart, but also a strawberry. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes now I see the strawberry, too, Sue! 💗

      Delete
  2. I look forward to seeing what your players come up with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Models have started coming in, including some WIPs, Jane! 💗

      Delete
  3. I really like this. I would probably sew beads in the two large rings that match the drop you plan, or a stack of small beads in those large rings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jill, I was going to add a string of beads in the rings, but Loved your idea of repeating the teardrops and I have completed it this evening! Looks fabulous in person 😁 Thanks a heap 💗😍

      Delete
  4. I would also add a few seed beads in the top two chains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, that was in the books already ;-P

      Delete
  5. I also immediately thought of pearl choices when I saw the pendant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love pearls, Marja, but often the choice depends on the sizes I have in stock. 💗🌺

      Delete
  6. This project seems to have no end in sight, I love your heart is that the same one we played with a few months ago, or is this a new one,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No end for sure, Margaret 😁 This is a new 'heart' (although the chains need to be longer for a proper heart) from E28 ...but like your derivation, I can see an angel in this, too! I am going to post the beaded version of this jewel today. 💕

      Delete