Tuesday 23 April 2019

Patty's square pattern and peeks

Pin It now!

It’s been a long time coming, but finally here. It is a single page pdf (although a 2nd blank page has adamantly inserted itself!). Patty kindly permitted me to share the pattern and her pic.


Besides her original square in red, she later PM-ed her 5-arm version using the very same stitch count! The central picot is longer, holding 5 seed beads, and each ring is linked between 2 beads.

As already shown, these are my 3 motifs, using 3 different thread sizes …

… and connected into a bookmark using Curled Ring Connectors (CRC).

I’ve been having more fun with these CRCs
These motifs made at the turn of the century, are linked together with 3-way CRCs, and a bead(s) added in center.

And here I’ve worked the CRC in metallic thread (1 strand of embroidery thread), using them to link sequins.
TIP : As I worked this, I realised a better way to make the CRC. Instead of curling each ring around the element and lock joining, it is better to tat the rings involved in the CRC (2, 3, or 4) and then curl each of them by turn. This creates a more compact and solid connector.

Both bracelets are finished but will be revealed at a later date.


Grazie mille, Patty, per condividere con entusiasmo il modello

18 comments:

  1. Ooh yes, I like the five arm one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, it looks more like a floral motif! I still have to try it myself, Jane :-)

      Delete
  2. These look like great fun! Thank you Patty and most of all Muskaan!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such awesome projects and colors!!! :)
    I love your sequins!!! I have never seen any like them!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Years back I found these at my local stationery & gift/games vendor and bought them to play/use for my niece, Sue. Hence lots of different shapes and colours including butterflies & stars.

      Delete
  4. Grazie Muskaan per aver saputo valorizzare un mio umile lavoro .
    Per me una grande soddisfazione!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure entirely, Patty :-) Hugs

      Delete
  5. Everything is nice the square at top looks like fun 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is fun and quick, Carollyn :-)

      Delete
  6. Here's hoping my comment goes through... thank you and Patty for sharing this wonderful motif! I love the square, but the five arm version really calls to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Diane, it Is pretty! In fact I see a 3D flower if we layer it with smaller versions of the same :-)
      I've been following your multi-adventures, though my commenting has become somewhat limited for want of time.

      Delete
  7. Thank you both for sharing this lovely pattern!! I think the two versions intrigue me equally, and I cannot wait to begin experimenting with them myself : D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope you will show us your experiments, Emily ? 🌹

      Delete
  8. Beautiful pattern!
    Very nice use of your CRCs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very practical those CRCs, Ninetta 😉😄😆

      Delete
  9. Śliczności :)
    Pozdrawiam ciepło.

    ReplyDelete