Wednesday 25 October 2023

rabbits multiply

Pin It now!

 This month's game in our FB group is Multiply Me Oct2023 (#MultiplyMeEndrucks). We chose one motif - the Square Diamond motif derived from Endrucks' pattern #37 and asked participants to tat More than One motif. That's it! So far we have 15 participants and 41.5 motifs in various avatars!

If you wish to play along, here's what you need to download - Multiply Me Endrucks Oct2023https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IbrmrCCr7VD_ypIA_55kVHpAkQEGS1ZH/view  Check out the range of possible ideas. Our members have already gone beyond the listed ideas!

Since 2020, I have tatted numerous motifs for the main pattern presentation and also because I just so like the design! I had lost count but now took the time to count from my stored pics and they total 21, worked in various threads, shades, and applications.

However, for this game I will only be counting 3 earrings since I sewed in embellishments late last month, and one that I found a few days with only the starting few rounds done! Obviously I had to finish it in order to participate ethically, LOL.

E37 earrings worked from left to right in Lixbeth 20, Anchor pearl cotton 8, and Anchor MC 40. These were the only free motifs I could find in my stash and sewed in beads, teardrops, hooks, etc.
I tried a different style of embellishment for each.


E37 Square Diamond Motif pattern and options by Muskaan (2020)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wqAPnOUZwLJ9tEUk55wDZhAMw2qCNFSj/view

Obviously the inclusion of seed beads would've made the earrings look more finished and put together, but I had no energy to tat. Even this sewing was done at the very last moment despite the idea, since I couldn't even garner the energy to gather my beading supplies. 

This is the E37 Snowflake adaptation. Multiplication of motifs not merely in numbers but in the number of repeats! I can't remember what my original design plan was (except for the 6 repeats) or even when I'd started it. However it turned out kind of okay - more like a flower. Yes, a flower flake!

Idea: If the chains on either side ot the thrown ring at the tip, were yo face inwards, it would give a pointier, more snowflakish loo, I think.

It's the first time I have used wide picots in any pattern! Each arm also has a modified stitch count. I can share if there is enough interest. It ruffled something fierce, but blocking flattened it out.

And last but in no way the least is Ninetta's Iris Pendant - a beaded version of the E37 motif adapted for a pendant. When we were planning this game, she offered to tat one in metallic thread and she came up with this beauty and also shared her pattern!

E37 Iris Pendant pattern by Ninetta Caruso (2023)https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uFUpCDxnvyD7JdqLUjPPhviq6BtwvhD1/view

Against a white background, vertically displayed.

That's all I have for now. We still have a week left and hopefully the rabbits will procreate at a good pace ;-P

10 comments:

  1. Phew, your rabbits multiply at a terrific rate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😁😁😁 Everybody loves bunnies 🧡

      Delete
  2. You made lovely earrings! They're very nice without seed beads too. I'll have to try this motif at some point too, it's very interesting.
    I do hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love to see your version, Lavi! 🧡 I'm fine now, which is why I am actually tatting again. The earrings were from the last week of Sept.

      Delete
    2. Oh, it's so good to hear you're better! :)

      Delete
    3. Steroids can do the trick, Lavi 🤣 I'm good for the winter before we start trying to wean away again in spring. 💝

      Delete