Monday 30 October 2023

flower party begins

Pin It now!

 I needed a bit of a break from all the compywork, reviewing, etc. - it kind of clogs one's brain. Mind you, I discovered a new technique and the 'inventor' graciously shared a lot. More on that in the future. 

So what better break than picking up ones shuttles and sneaking in a bit of tatting time!

Anetta had shared her Garden Party doily pattern a few months back and it was on my to-tat list. I finally succumbed to the temptation and started out....

Pattern: https://www.jamiolowo.blog/2023/07/frywolitkowy-wzor-garden-party.html

I truly love the soft pastels she uses in her tatting and tried to emulate her. This is a tinted shade from Red Rose size 20. 
The first 2 plus rounds measure 6.5 cms diagonally and 3.5cms along each side of the hexagon.
Isn't this a beautiful shape as is?!
I tweaked the sequence a bit in order to manage colour placement. The thrown rings at the tip are actually normal rings in Round 3 of the original pattern. I climbed out with 2 split rings, moving clockwise in the 2nd round.

I wasn't going to post anything till it was completed. But I just so love this shape and wanted to share my joy!

Anetta has also taken up the task of diagramming patterns from Tina Frauberger's 1919 book,  "Schiffchenspitze". https://www.jamiolowo.blog/2023/10/tina-frauberger-znana-i-nieznana.html. Something more to look forward to. It's always a pleasure to read her posts - there is so much beauty this talented lady creates in different crafts!

12 comments:

  1. It is pretty, makes a nice motif just as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind word :) Beautiful summer colors :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inspired by you, Anetta, and thank you for the pattern 😍

      Delete
  3. Bet this would lovely in autumn colorway too. Or in pinks for May.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Sam, such a beautiful shape lends itself to any colour palette 😍

      Delete
  4. This is lovely and would look beautiful in any color, I think.
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is beautiful! I hope to see it when you finish it too. Have fun tatting!

    ReplyDelete