Thursday 19 October 2023

string of inspiration

Pin It now!

 You never know when, where, how, from whom inspiration will strike. Which is one of the reasons I like to blog about all my baked and half-baked ideas, hoping it will catch somebody's imagination.

Stephanie Wilson was inspired by the beautiful Zinnia Flower - an Endrucks' pattern #10 derivation by Ninetta Caruso, from my previous post. Not merely the beauty of the design, but the clever picot join at the start of a ring (read her comment) , and also the of variegated colourway. 

Here's what she says -
"Abandoned all my other projects and when I had time to tat, I worked on this one until it was finished. My color choice wasn’t the best, but I wanted to use the variegated thread….with a pink solid color, except I HAD the ‘right’ pink….but in the wrong size thread. So it’s a variegated ‘heavy’ weight quilting thread that’s about the same size as DMC 80 (but it was discontinued several years ago, unfortunately) and white Lizbeth size 80."

And look at the pretty flower that blossomed through her shuttles! She chose to tat Anna Tedesco's variation where the dimpled rings are substituted by normal rings. 

And since we're on the topic, let me share Lyn Clements' version that inspired my own use of the best variegated fit I could find in my stash.
Isn't is just such a happy flower! Unfortunately she ran out of the colourway at this stage and hasn't been able to complete it. 
However it is great to see inspiration flowing from one to the other!
Mind you, there are several other beautiful versions using two solid colours. We'll blog about those later.
🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Have you noticed the tiny pics are back?!!!! Yes, blogspot has restored the blog feed with those thumb-size pics from each blog we follow, yay! It was a dismal feed with only the text and no accompanying pic.
🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Many many thanks to all you wonderful inspirers!

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful, thank you very much! Sharing it's a joy and we all inspire each other 🥰🌹

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great that you get feedback, so you know how inspiring your work is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's always exciting and gratifying , Jane 💕

      Delete
  3. Beautiful, both the completed and halfway done flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tatted flower design really does look like a zinnia! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust Ninetta to create some of the most beautiful designs 😁😍 Thanks, Marilee 💕

      Delete