Monday 31 May 2021

hopping around

Pin It now!
Bunnies and Tulips for Easter 2021
pattern - Kathleen Minniti

Couple of months back I was in a tatting funk - had lost the will to pick up my shuttles. And then suddenly patterns sprang into my inbox from generous friends! One such was from the very talented Kathleen Minniti. She sent me these bunnies and tulips pattern as an International Tatting Day gift on April 1st!

My shuttles came to life! Tried these, adding a bead for nose. The one on the right has whiskers and a dense tail which was supposed to have been frayed, but haven't gotten around to it yet. These were straight off the shuttles, without blocking or shaping or trimming the whiskers (made from sewing thread)
I still have thread left in the shuttle for a 3rd one, this time with a bead for eye.
Although I made little tweaks - so many what-ifs floating around in my head - there are no notes to share. I went with the flow and pleasure of simply tatting away.....

I Love the sense of movement this pattern has. Almost as if the bunny is about to hop, or is already hopping! Above, the black-nosed bunny is enjoying the fragrance of the tulip while the red-nosed bunny wouldn't be left behind and hops closer ...

... and displaces the smaller black-nosey who switches to the other side, awaiting it's turn again.

Aha, our curious red-nosey has found a new flower to explore, so black-nosey gets right back to it's original perch!

Although tatted around 4th/5th April, it's taken me so long to take pics and post. There's a whole lot more I wish to try out which was one of the reasons for this delayed post. There are lots of little versions to choose from or to tweak for our pleasure! Kathleen's genius in designing is evident in the use of simple techniques and effects to create several versions of swaying tulips and hopping bunnies.
And the great news is that all these patterns are now public - shared with the Online Tatting Class recently - https://www.georgiaseitz.com/2021/lessons_loglinks_reg2021.html 
You can be sure I'll be getting back to this again some time to make a proper composition!

Many many thanks to Kathleen, a generous friend and constant inspiration !


10 comments:

  1. Great and cheerful bunnies and flowers!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Sue, the bunnies do make me smile 😍

      Delete
  2. Such fun! Glad they encouraged you to pick up your shuttles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane, it was such fun to simply tat without keeping tabs on tweaks/sharing notes 😁😍

      Delete
  3. They're very sweet! Lovely patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. It certainly is a delightful pattern(s), Elena 😃😍💗

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I almost feel they'll jump right out and hop around, full of curiosity, Margaret 😲💕😍

      Delete