Thursday 18 February 2021

Palentine Day

Came across this for the first time on the 14th 'Palentine Day'. Well, it doesn't have the same ring as Valentine Day, but it certainly has a far greatly reach!!! And it does not have to be limited to a single day - pals brighten our day anytime and every time. And this year, it was extra special as you can see ...

The very talented Krystyna Mura tagged me on her take of the Budding Heart! Don't you just love her vision and impeccable execution?!
Every time I write 'execution' I think what an odd word to use 'coz it evokes more gory images!
She used much thicker pink threads for the heart outline, encapsulating the finer green threads for the foliage. 
Last year she gifted me with her variation of the Blossoms Heart! A dear pal in deed, indeed 💖

Many of my readers must already have seen the pleasant surprise from another dear friend, Ninetta Caruso, who organised a tatting event on the facebook group Chiachhierino: Filo, Amore e Fantasia. They chose my Block Heart (Spring in my Heart) alongside her own very pretty Heart by the Sea to share and tat along with the participants. This online event called Un cuore per te goes on from 14th through to the 28th of this month. So join in! You can find links to both patterns and more details here - https://ninettacaruso.blogspot.com/2021/02/hearts-friends-and-flower.html. Love the pictorial she created, too.

Lovely models of these hearts are coming in everyday from our enthusiastic tatters and talented Italian tatters! More of Ninetta's than mine, but that's to be expected - she is such an exceptional designer!😁 

Also coming into my inbox are the Happy Hands Heart I shared last time. Denise W is so taken in by the little heart that she has tatted several already, trying to learn new techniques and perfect them. Can't wait to share them with you.
What I Can share, however, is HisKid's (Sue) beautiful model in a happy colourway here. It is her first time at roll tatting, but it already seems perfect!


On the 14th, Anita Barry waltzed in with news that she had completed the TAL doily, yay! We should've known that Cupid was her tatting angel 😄 I have all the material, but need some time to put it together into a post. But for those who can, check out her or my facebook timeline for pics of her completed work - love the colour composition!!!


Find all my heart patterns here (which I will update with these recent additions)
https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/d/1LpHU69wNsQspIHgvt9pihgTNhHFDRBab3I5_MDEYyNw/

Before I sign off, here's a Delightful article by Karen Bovard Sayre who nails our thread addiction through studies! Anitra Stone called it Threadus hoardicus, and sadly we tatters seem to suffer from it, with no cure in sight 🤣😁🤪

Thank you pals, you make my life WonderFull ! 💖

25 comments:

  1. The budding heart is spectacular, really creative. So much wonderful work happening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels wonderful when someone takes a pattern to whole new level, Jane 💖 I would love to tat them all, but my tatting time is sorely scuttled.

      Delete
  2. So beautiful and inspiring, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to my blog, Julita. Hope you enjoy many happy hours of tatting 💖

      Delete
  3. Beautiful heart! Many thanks for this sweet post, you are a talented designer and a good friend 💐

    ReplyDelete
  4. Piękne serce!Bardzo ciekawy projekt.
    Pozdrawiam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou for the great time tatting with you! What an adventure together! It's wonderful knowing I'm not alone on a project. Far too often I am tatting alone on an item, so this was warm partnership. Together, we jotted down lots of good notes for others to read and learn from. It's feels good letting others know what we've encountered and what they can expect to experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto, Anita 💖 TALs and TIAS was an excellent way to learn, practice, improve, apply and I tried to make the most of those opportunities. But this one-on-one added another delightful flavour. Thank you for taking the journey 💕🙏

      Delete
  6. Krystyna Mura has beautiful creativity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She certainly elevates any pattern to a higher level! Thanks, Anita, I'm sure she'll be very happy to read all these comments. 💖😍

      Delete
    2. Thank you 💖🌷💕 I am on cloud nine to read such heartening comments 🥰💝
      Krystyna Mura

      Delete
  7. That heart is absolutely fabulous!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for your heartfelt post 😍🌹💝 I am entirely elated by your warm-hearted reaction 🥰💕 Your patterns are marvellous - tatting them is a delight, it's just wonderful you share them so generously 💖
    Krystyna Mura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Dear Erba, I can only take credit for the original design. Converting it into a thriving heart is all the work of the magical hands & imagination of Krystyna 💖🤩

      Delete
    2. Oh, Muskaan, thank you!!! 🥰🌷💞 But now you make me blush 😃
      Krystyna

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thanks, Margaret 😍 Most of my heart designs are small except for 1. My next goal is to try to design a larger one 😉

      Delete
  11. AH! This gives inspiration for a round of gifts I should be planning....

    ReplyDelete