Tuesday 9 February 2021

eye spy hearts

Pin It now! Here's part of what I'm doing, juggling between stuff - Extracting! No, no, no... rest assured there's no tooth extraction involved! Extracting designs is what I'm talking about.  And since it's heart season, what else can I extract, huh?! Anita Barry calls this 'Eye Spy' and has passed the bug on to me ;-P

1. Happy Hands Heart from Endrucks' pattern #1.
This has been in my eye for a long time! Finally some trials ....
Below is the original edging (there's a mistake, hence I'll be tatting it all again for the Endrucks Project) - I always felt they looked like happy, clapping hands raised above the head! Or showing solidarity with their team.
On the left is my first trial. Too flattish, but could be tweaked into a strawberry, right?!
My 2nd trial is actually 2 trials in one, with the left and right halves altered. And the head is a heart as well! I used roll tatting on one side in order to reduce the width.
So, what's your verdict? Should I go ahead for a final version? 
 
2. Elizabeth Hearts from Elizabeth Round Robin Doily.
I had extracted 2 hearts last year but both needed tweaking. 
Well, here's what happened when I picked one of them for improvement. Yeah, this one's going in the dump with a lesson in what not to do. I wanted the bare chains raised higher - I think those arches are good. However the clovers on the side need tweaking to bring the 2 ends together.

3. Victorian Trellis Heart (idea) from the eponymous doily Priscilla Tatting Book #2.
When Frivole recently posted her beautiful collar, I noticed these hearts! 









Do you see them as well? I can trace at least 2 heart designs of different sizes. One could be around a single large ring, while the other could have both large rings within. Of course, there's many a slip ... The scans are from pages 15 & 16.


Deviating slightly, have you espied the "Join the Google Web Creators Community...." notification on blogger? Has any of you joined? Care to share your thoughts? Thanks.

16 comments:

  1. Hearts everywhere! No, I haven’t seen anything about Google creators community.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And much more beautiful than what I put up here 😁 Thanks, Jane 💕

      Delete
  2. Great hearts!! :)
    I think I see the 2 hearts in the doily, and possibly a 3rd larger heart. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, thanks Sue, now I need time to try them all out 🤩💕

      Delete
    2. Time is a challenge to find for everything!!! ;)

      Delete
    3. True, true, Sue (huh, rhyme unintended 😉) 💗

      Delete
  3. Lovely ideas, I like a lot those happy hands and the heart that you're tatting. I don't think I will join that community, I'm quite sure that I can't do nothing new for the web.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the little heart is much better than an onion ring effect 😁 Thanks, Ninetta, we cannot spare you anyways - there is so much new you can do for us 💕

      Delete
  4. Eye Spy the Wave! They are in the stadium doing "the wave". I see them too! I love how you see in Endruck's pattern people with their hands raised above their heads clapping! Love it! You are so good. Lacing Love of hearts. Great lesson!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anita, I wonder if it's the time here, but now I can see yawning hands - you know stretching full length above head 🥱😴🤣 You passed on the Eye Spy bug and now I really want to try the Victorian Trellis hearts as soon as I get time 🥰

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks, Anetta 😍 It is nice to see you around again 🥂

      Delete
  6. I see hearts and hands and flowers and lots and lots of lace. Anybody see what time it is??? Oh, thanks, time to pick up my shuttles and tat!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😄🤩😁 Hilarious, Mel .... keep spying 🧐🧐🧐

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you, Marja 😍 Hope I get time today to tat the final version and post pattern 😃

      Delete