Sunday 5 July 2020

welcome intrusions

Pin It now!
It has been amazing - the interest and the exploration that has already moved far and wide ... almost overnight! I cannot thank my tatting mates enough for their enthusiasm and for embracing the potential of Intruding Picot (ip)!


In chronological order -
Wally Sosa - This multi-talented and creative lady had also discovered this picot, calling it 'Evil', and dismissing it! Above is a nice comparison between, and combo of, normal and intruding picots.

Wally Sosa - Introducing the Rolled intruding picot! She combined her rolled picot with the ip to create such an interesting effect. And there's more - she has already tatted a beautiful motif/pendant using these and will be sharing a tutorial soon. Can't wait ....

Ruthie May - She interrupted her doily to try out her first intruding picots (thankfully she didn't close the ring - who wants to open a ring?!) and she has created this lovely pearl tatting/Maltese ring effect! It is something that had not occurred to me.

Ninetta Caruso - Can't keep her away from metallic threads and beads ;-D
Such a wonderful Beaded ip - as seen from front and back! Think of the scope for play....

Anita Barry - Independently, she came up with the Pearl tatting effect.
In the trefoil, one can see the dimpled effect in the side rings, and she has pulled up the ip in the middle ring! Creates a matted/woven effect.

Anita Barry - sent in this exploratory trial piece as well. The messy one on the right makes me think of snipping the ip and ruffling them!

This is my Filled Ring trial using ip. Didn't come out right, but I can put it down as proof of concept at this stage. Had thought of twisting them, but that was too fiddly. However, it can be quite easy if done on a chain.
I want to try it with SCMR. I also want to try it with folded rings and chains. Could we weave them as well or am I getting way ahead of my skills, head in clouds?
Lots of homework ;-D

UPDATE : Jane McLellan created a lovely bookmark using interlaced rings and intruding picots! Check it out - https://janemactats.blogspot.com/2020/07/muskaan-bookmark.html

Present Summary -
So, what a spread, with many more ideas to try out besides a downward facing picot - Rolled, Pearled & Maltese (using a single thread is now possible!), Filled, Beaded, Dimpled, Ruffled (inside!), Mock rings, Onion rings, bead in center of ring and other functions ..... this is just the start of the Intrusion!
UPDATE : I have used it successfully with dot picots, dot picot strings, double picot, twisted picot, and even a half-closed ring with twisted picot as it's base!


And speaking of welcome intrusions, a few more prettified butterflies flew in after 2 years! Did they get lost in migration - I hope not. Care to send in more Make Me Pretty Butterflies?
Corinne worked her cute version for an event by Association Francaise de Frivolite.

 Krystyna Mura posted her version - I couldn't even recognise it - so great is the transformation!

Madhur Dadlani was inspired by Corinne's version and posted this cool freshness!



Keep Intruding, dear tatters. No 'stings' attached :-))) 

16 comments:

  1. Even I have tried it out! So many possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am quite pleasantly surprised by the reaction, Jane 💗

      Delete
  2. It's great to see all of the variations in one place! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! Everything is so inspiring!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inspiring is indeed what describes this collective evolution! Thank you so much Diane, Sue, & Ruthie :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for adding link to mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, Jane :-))) It is a beautiful piece you created!

      Delete
  6. Interesting post, I am a bit behind at t he moment but I will catch up

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great, Muskaan. I must now go away and play... another distraction from my Big Doily... ;-)

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm waiting for you to apply it to your heart pattern, Grace 😀 Thank you 💕

      Delete