Thursday 30 July 2020

starting

Pin It now!
After what seems like ages (certainly months), I finally got some uninterrupted time to tat. Blissful!!!

This is Robin Perfetti's Floral Edging pattern - http://tattingbythebay.blogspot.com/p/free-patterns.html
After much online browsing and even sketching out a couple of my own designs, I finally settled on this beautiful pattern.

So far, I've completed 6 repeats. Worked in Lizbeth size 80, it is 1/2 inch wide and 3" long.
This is for a handkerchief to gift, which is why I wanted something with minimum decorative picots. Makes maintenance easy.
I hope to embroider something in one corner. If not, perhaps some tatted motif.

Tomorrow Ruthie May and I will be starting Robin's Challenge Snowflake.  Join us - more the merrier.
Time permitting,  there are several other little patterns on my immediate list.
Distraction, with a capital D, is my First name obviously ;-D What's yours ?! 

8 comments:

  1. A lovely garden row! I hope you get time to finish it.
    I am afraid we would share names. 😂 I still never made my Huguenot Cross, but have finished other projects instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily, some patterns just call for variegated threads, don't you think?!
      I Have to finish it since it is a gift - just the push I need ;-P I do have more than a month to complete it, though.
      Enjoy whatever you make :-D

      Delete
  2. That's so pretty! The fine variegated thread is perfect for the job. I look forward to seeing the completed hankie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am certainly enjoying tatting this, Jane 💕 Will I be able to embroider - that would Really make my day....miss it!

      Delete
  3. That will be a gift to treasure! It's a splendid variegated thread. Beatiful array of colors. Sweet edging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been able to work on the edging for the past several days - busy having fun test tatting another edging. Tomorrow I hope to continue with this, Anita :-)

      Delete
  4. Lovely edging, what a beautiful gift!

    ReplyDelete