Thursday 19 September 2019

duh moments

Pin It now!
Seems like ages since I tried/learned something new besides my designing project.
I scrolled back through my posts and the last interlacing project remains in limbo and it was May when I did this

Meanwhile Ninetta has been posting so many enticing new effects and patterns, sigh.

Now when I need my beadbox, I try to do multiple projects with beads in one go. It’s like sewing – I pile up my sewing projects and then sit at the machine at a stretch.


Perfect time to try Ninetta’s Interlacing Methods. Loaded one shuttle with the magenta pearl cotton (size 8) and used this for all 3, changing only the chain and bead colours.

I started with her ring and chains method first. Clear instructions and pictures – enjoyed it tremendously. This is the Second Method.


Trying to capture the double-chain from different angles to show how lovely the effect is.
The curled ring finish looks like a rose!


Time to try the beaded method (First Method). see Duh Moment #2 below !
I alternated the bead colour for fun...

TIP: It is easier to pull the ring(s) through using a crochet hook.

Duh Moment #1.
After both trials, I kept thinking that the very last chain should be half the length of the earlier chains. Notice how it sticks out in both versions?
She already factored it in… if only I had carefully read through her bracelet patterns!!!

Duh Moment #2.
While working both, I didn’t really notice any difference in the interlacing methods.
No difference because it was the 2nd method again, stupid!!! 
Guess when I realised it – just now when I went back to her post for correct reference and terms, etc.

Her giggly earrings had caught my imagination right away. It tats up real quick and looks so pretty. Oh, but the number of beads to be loaded!!! I need to adjust the rings a bit more to make them settle properly.


I hope it doesn’t turn into a Duh Moment #3 – I’m sticking my neck out here… 
It appears that her First Method of interlacing is kind of a transition between Second method and the earrings. Interlacing by pulling 1 ring in 2nd method; 2 rings in 1st method; and multiple rings (graduated size adds a braided effect) in earrings.


Keep them coming, Nin, I’ll surely catch up in one life or another ;-P

17 comments:

  1. They’re certainly interesting techniques, good for you for getting the hang of them! I think we’re all guilty of thinking we know what the designer intends and not reading the instructions carefully enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, Jane, she shared so many bracelet patterns, etc. in one post, that I wanted to take it step by step... it is my fault I mis-stepped ;-P

      Delete
    2. Oh, and working off the tablet isn't the best way for me ;-D

      Delete
  2. Interesting techniques i look forward to seeing more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very easy and actually kind of fun, too, Margaret !

      Delete
  3. You and Ninetta spoil us with these tutorials❤❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post, you made me smile! Thank you very much for trying them 🌹🥰

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Yes, I'm pretty happy with them as a first attempt, Sue !

      Delete
  6. Excellent patterns by Ninetta! Must appreciate you Muskaan, how quickly you adopt new technique and explain to us. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sweet of you, Usha :-))) I still have to have a go at your new earrings ... you should keep blogging about your creative projects.

      Delete
  7. I've been working on one of these bracelets. I hope it looks as neat as yours after blocking. Perhaps I tatted too tightly??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it will, Mel! I haven't blocked anything above - too lazy this time ;-P For the beaded part, I did leave some slack so that they could take a nice curve later.

      Delete
  8. Hmmm... looks like I have some catching up to do with Ninetta's blog also! This is intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She always comes up with such interesting stuff and I'm forever playing catch-up, Diane ;-P

      Delete