Friday 27 September 2019

the bell didnt toll

Pin It now!


Remember I spoke about a 3D version? Why didn’t the bell in my head toll?! I totally forgot to blog about this. I did start to draw and write up the pattern earlier in the week, but then the bell went silent ;-D
I don't want my blog to go silent .... Sharing only pics here. Pattern pending. I’ll update this post and Google Docs with the link when it is done.

This silver version was made first. 
Tatted in one pass using 2 shuttles, ctm. 

Stitch count is almost exactly that of the tree. 

However, the form looked too narrow.

Started the gold one with a slightly broader base. I like this much better.

Single clapper on a doubled-up thread.

The top has been pulled while photographing, otherwise it has a nice bell-jar curve.

Final measurement in Red Rose metallic size 20 thread, is about 3½cms tall and 3cms wide.

Photos don't do full justice. I tried taking a video, but that wasn't any great shakes either.


Meanwhile I did tat the Sparkle snowflake but cannot find the updated pattern I had typed in 2017/18!!! I have a printout, so it is definitely in my files here somewhere.


I also have a new snowflake for this weekend. And it might become a kind of group project... more about that on Sunday :-)))



10 comments:

  1. Very clever to turn the tree into a bell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And, Jane, there is a potential angel and doily in there as well 🔔🔔🔔

      Delete
  2. It's fabulous idea and this time of year is perfect too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking future angel????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Undoubtedly, Anne... 2D or 3D, hmmm 😇😇😇

      Delete
  4. Cute! I crocheted bells without a pattern when Dave and I were first married. They were terrible! I've never been brave enough to try a bell again. I think I might be able to make this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does tat up fast, Diane, once the concept is clear 🔔🌲🔔

      Delete