Sunday 14 October 2018

a slave to urges

Pin It now!
I’ve been pretty lethargic these last few days – picking up the shuttle and/or Cluny loom for short durations only. Reading, watching tennis, and now housecleaning (Not my favourite urge, mind you) seem to occupy my time more than my passionate urge to tat. Oh, and I fought my urge, staying completely off the grid for a couple of days - detox, perhaps?

But I couldn’t resist the urge to tat this latest from kukkatatting! It’s her 94th scmr medallion and I love the picot flowers all around giving the snowflake a flurry look. Except for the ones on the tips, the picot flowers are linked to each other, and I missed out one attachment. 
Worked in size 40 thread, it measures over 7cms across. I hope she does not mind me copying her pattern. In case of any complaint, I will delete this post with due apologies.
ÕÖ×ÖÕ
After a few days of musing, here’s how far the Scrappy doily has come. I absolutely Loved all the advice I got (thank you once again, gracious tatters/crafters), and it has guided me in this round so far.
I started by sketching an outline of the 4th round (which you may remember was ovoid), and then sketched a couple more lines around it to balance out the asymmetry. 
Also, I increased the size and number of rings at the starting end to overcome that missing ¼th inch. I haven’t needed to add too many additional rings along the side, though. Let’s see how it turns out. I’m enjoying the figuring out process, without applying high-end mathematical calculations ;-P

ÕÖ×ÖÕ
And a couple of weeks back I did finish sewing in Jane McLellan's leaf braid edging on to my MIL's saree. I didn't want to end up with all the sewing in one go (blossoms motifs and edging together). This is actually a pic taken much earlier.
ÕÖ×ÖÕ
Meanwhile, I Have finally made the Cluny Butterfly and will share it once I finish writing the pattern. Lots of trials and friendly feedback, but may still need to be test-tatted, so get your shuttles and scrap threads and Time ready for a request :-D

10 comments:

  1. I love your snowflake medallion, hope she will let you share the pattern.
    Your oval is looking good, very pretty in all the different colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admired that medallion when I saw it, it’s lovely. The leaf edging looks great, ready for the accompanying bouquets. Good idea to spread the sewing task. I hope you’ll soon be completely fit, lethargy behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely snowflake! Your MIL's saree is already beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous snowflake!!! :)
    Very interesting all your work on the oval doily!
    The edging looks wonderful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. One question .. How did you find a pattern from Kukkatatting? I've been watching some of the motifs and they are stunning! I wish she would publish them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you tatters :-)))
    Actually Jane, the lethargy in tatting/bogging is related to over-activity & physical exertion in the home department ;-P But now I can get back to my passion!

    Cassandra & Margaret, kukkatatting did not publish or share any pattern - yes her work is amazing & I wait with bated breath to see how far she will go with the scmr! I peered closely at the image of her model and counted stitches & joins. Which is why I will delete if she objects. I would've loved to ask her permission, but we need to be a member of some group/forum - password protected. I've tried to comment once in a while, but failed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry, I also should have said your tatting of her design is flawless!! I thought you'd found the gold mine containing her patterns :)) Thank you for sharing your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made a couple of mistakes, Cassandra, but the decorative picots hide them ;-P Another feather in the decorative picot cap!
      Did you see her latest post with stepwise working of her new medallion?

      Delete
    2. Yes and her designing ability is amazing. Her blog is full of pictures too

      Delete