Saturday 24 June 2023

simple samplers

Pin It now!

 Like I said in my previous post, I'm trying to do a bit of everything so as to make progress on each simultaneously instead of letting one project get left behind totally. Following are samplers I did for Interlocking Picots. When one needs an extreme close-up of a model, the warts show up, LOL. So, try and try again! And use them as a SOUP idea.

I've done these before and even compared similar picot styles at least twice. See list of related post links below. Yet the interlocking this time didn't seem as obvious as before. 
Interlocking picots are picots made after every half-stitch in a Josephine ring and they should be within a certain length range for the interlocking to show up clearly.. 
Watch Karen Cabrera's videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7XbtXhpN-4
and my Measuring the Picot -

Anchor size 20 threads were used. I intend to glue them on a card, adding in some greens and perhaps a ribbon. They cannot be sewn down neatly because the lovely ornamental picots are easily pulled out of shape! These are certainly handle-with-care picots, for show only ;-D

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They really are fun to tat and experiment with, Jane 💕

      Delete
  2. If you use this method (http://www.janeeborall.freeservers.com/JosephineRing.pdf ) of making a Josephine ring (making the half double on the underside of the core thread round the hand) you get an even more interesting picot. I’ve found it makes a very pretty flower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the reminder, Jane! I had used it in 2014 for 3D buds and now after reading your comment I immediately set about refreshing my memory. I posted my new trials and tips in the next post. 💕

      Delete
  3. Interesting, but I feel that you are negating the original purpose of the delicate Josephine ring...a tiny, dense, decorative dot.

    There is a technique for making offset picots on a ring by using very short Victorian sets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anonymous, you make a valid observation. Yet there is beauty everywhere and sometimes there are applications, too. Short Victorian sets for picots - I think you are referring to 'Floral Picots' (from a Ring of Tatters publication) where the picots turn inwards as a set alternating with outward facing picots? Love that 'full' effect! However, they do not 'interlock'. 💕 Keep sharing your perspective 🌺🌺🌺

      Delete
    2. Thanks Anonymous, you make a valid observation. Yet there is beauty everywhere and sometimes there are applications, too. Short Victorian sets for picots - I think you are referring to 'Floral Picots' (from a Ring of Tatters publication) where the picots turn inwards as a set alternating with outward facing picots? Love that 'full' effect! However, they do not 'interlock'. 💕 Keep sharing your perspective 🌺🌺🌺

      Delete
    3. No. Offset picots all face outwards in two apparent rows.

      Delete
    4. Yes, I have made them. As the center for the 3D Poppy, I had lifted the inner round of picots which is why I was a bit confused 🤣 i had kjown them as Floral.(RoT) or Ruffled/Layered (Karen Cabrera video) picots, but recently found them in Anne Dyer's 1995 book. Thanks, Anonymous (are you Judith?) 🧡

      Delete
    5. Yes, muskaan. Somehow your server didn't include my Google account.

      Delete
    6. Yes, Judith, this often puts people off from leaving a comment, sigh. Glad you persevered 💕

      Delete
  4. They may not have shown up the way you wanted them too, but they are very pretty as flowers!!! :)

    ReplyDelete