Thursday 29 June 2023

gifts galore 1

Pin It now!

 A few months back I received a bonanza of beauties from my tatting buddy, Anita Barry! She had been wanting to send me gifts for years and I kept declining. Then she got hold of my address and there you have it - unstoppable Anita 💖

The big haul!
This photo gives an idea about the relative size of the items.

Beautifully tatted motif in the key chain. Passed it on to hubby.

Her handmade pin cushions. There had to be lavender and the fragrance is heavenly!

The same pin cushions from the other side!

Lizbeth size 20 threads and a lot of shuttles. I was thrilled that they were all bobbin shuttles with a hook - the only kind that my hands seem to like, LOL

Her hand-painted shuttles straight from the beaches of Florida!

and the same on the other side.
These shuttles are a bit smaller and 'thinner' than the Pony shuttles I use. 
They are more dainty to hold and work with.

Ooo, such a charming pendant! Already strung on one of my chains.

Okay that flamingo scissors is quite the eye-catcher! 
Hand-painted rock/pebble; tatted medallion in size 10; and hand sewn needle case.

The needle book up close - look at all the tiny details!
 
No amount of trying could capture the tiny handmade lavender flowers on camera. 
One has to admire them in person!

And the inside of the book with special (easy threading) 
needles and pins.

I have frequently seen these scrap containers in blogs (notice the scraps she sent me, LOL?!) and used to think - well they take up too much space, not for me.
Realized only now that they collapse and lie flat!!! 
It is being much used already.

A vintage lace that she suggested I could use as a bookmark, which is exactly what I am doing.
The skein of silk thread is Really very special! It belonged to her mother. I have still not decided how to use it to do full justice to the gesture. In my earlier eyesight I would've started an embroidery project immediately.

Detail of the lace and thread.

The gifts came at a time when I was very ill and I couldn't use and enjoy them properly or fully. It took a while to even take photos. However, if you notice the lead pic, you'll see some books peeking out. They require a post all to themselves! So please come back tomorrow to celebrate my good fortune and treasure!

8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful gift! Beautiful things and useful too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Jane, and so much thought has gone into each! My words are insufficient to describe it all in full 💕

      Delete
  2. Wow, such great gifts! Your friend is very thoughtful! I hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely yes to everything you said, Lavi 💕

      Delete
  3. So glad you are enjoying the items. I enjoyed sending them to you!

    ReplyDelete