Saturday 17 June 2023

impressions

Pin It now! Another gapsosis in my blogging! However, this time I have been busy with editing, reviewing, proofing, pdf-isation, and yes, actual Tatting! I try to juggle both my time and my tasks to accommodate and make progress on each front.

This is what I am currently tatting, although there is a lot more to come.... I couldn't resist showing you a little peek. This month's game in our EP FB group was to use at least two colours in a select range of 7 edging patterns, where the motifs resembled a tree. 

I intended to add beads for additional colours and symbolism, but found they were mostly too large for the size 40 threads I chose.

However, I did use symbolism in terms of shades and picot numbers and sizes. 
All tatted with one shuttle (with green) and ball (brown), using reverse join or simple transposing of threads to keep the shuttle in play.

Can you identify the impression I am trying to convey here? Pretty straightforward I would think ;-P


Mind you there are mistakes in three of the motifs; only the topmost center is correct. I don't know what my issue was - eyesight, maths, or the chains. Thankfully trees don't have to be symmetrical and I doubt anybody can identify the mistakes at a glance.
Perhaps it is a phase I am going through, 'coz I miscounted the number of repeats in a doily/coaster I was test-tatting and reviewing for Ninetta! Fortunately the 7 repeats instead of 8 worked out fine, too, and it turned into a variation.

The above pattern is the modern reworking for Endrucks' pattern #14 by Ninetta Caruso and the pdf can be downloaded from the EP doc. She has done an excellent job of diagramming and writing the pattern, including a corner adaptation. (links on the right panel, top).

8 comments:

  1. They are beautiful trees, I cannot wait to see what you're going to do with them 🥰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patience, dear PIC, just like trees that take their time to grow 😁💖

      Delete
  2. The motifs really look like trees. I can't remember the species though. You're right, some variation is fine. I for one can't see where the stitch counts are different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lavi, some 'branches' and some 'foliage' are missing or a join is not made 😁 Yet the overall shape and structure of the motif is such that these are not easily visible 💗

      Delete
  3. More organic if they’re not identical. Do they represent seasons? They make me think of the baobab tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes seasons 😆 Pretty obvious, right! However there will be an Indian twist 🤩 Thanks, Jane

      Delete
  4. They look great and it looks like Jane got my answer before I did. ;) It looks like autumn, spring/summer, winter. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue you, too, are almost right! I am trying to create the impression of seasons but there's a bit more that I'll share when I complete the project 😁😍

      Delete