Thursday 15 December 2022

before and after 2

Pin It now!
Five-pointed star from Little Stars and Snowflakes by krystyna mura

The 2nd motif I started before the December event began was a 5-pointed star designed by Krystyna Mura, which was later embellished in order to enter it in the contest. I shared my 1st Before-After here - https://tipsaroundthehome.blogspot.com/2022/12/before-and-after-1.html

This is the BEFORE model devoid of even the decorative picots that were in the pattern. I just wanted to get a sense of the deign when Krystyna first sent the pdf.
It was also my first time tatting with Snabest - the threads Ninetta had sent me - hence my initial stitches were a bit tentative. This one has 3-strands, closer to size 40 I guess.

It was tough closing the tiny ring (the first 2 arms on the left). After that I made an overhand tie at the base of the ring to hide the defect. You can see the difference, with these 3 rings standing out like beads.

When finished, I chose the easy way out by tying the 2 tails for hanging. 

This is the AFTER model. Using red sewing thread, I sewed in a star sequin topped with a bead, and continued behind working the needle into the 3rd picot counterclockwise. Must've gone around 3 times and lo and behold there was one more star shape! 3 stars in one pattern!
There is a glaring mistake on the right where the thread went around the chain rather than through the picot. 

Krystyna always does a stellar job creating and sharing multiple variations. This time she took one little motif from Endrucks' pattern #12 and soared to Outer Space! She gifted us 3 pdfs filled with star and snowflake patterns as well as further possibilities and variations. Love her artistic and clear presentations though the images can be a bit of an ink-guzzler when printed ;-P

You can join our currently ongoing game/contest on our Endrucks 1920 Project FB group. Direct links on the the top of the right panel in  my blog.

Many thanks to Krystyna for the lovely patterns and Ninetta for organising this event 💕

6 comments: