Saturday 3 December 2022

footprints on the sands

Pin It now!

... of time and tatting. Today I complete 10 years of blogging and it is the 800th post. These are mere numbers but mean a lot to me. 800 posts that each contained some tip, idea, experiment, option... At times 10 years seems like a long time; and yet like a short period, not enough to accomplish all my goals. Did I leave any footprints during this journey? Some faint ones perhaps which will soon be washed away. 

Incidentally, my first post on 3rd December 2013 was on tatted edgings! 

And now these pics from Judith Connors kind of summarise and symbolise my online tatting journey. I wouldn't be here, wouldn't have improved and learned so much without the help and guidance of the community; without their willingness to share freely of their expertise, patterns, and resources.

The lace - design shared freely by Robin Perfetti; tatted by me, in Lizbeth size 80 threads gifted by Sharada R; gifted to Judith who mounted it on a plain white handkerchief. This is what she wrote - 

'If you look at the close-up you’ll see that I crocheted around the raw edge first and then slip-stitched/top-sewed your lace to the crochet. I love how it all came together. When Queensland Tatters next have a display of their lace I shall place our combined effort in there too.'

This 'combined effort' is what my online experience has taught me. It may not always be an overt collaboration but the moment we tat somebody's pattern or when we share something that gets picked up another, the community grows, evolves, thrives.

Speaking of which, Judith also sent her beaded version of the Reflections Snowflake - a gift we send to anybody who completes an Endrucks' pattern.  

I had extracted it from the 100 year old Endrucks' pattern #17; it was modified by Ninetta Caruso and Anna Tedesco; tatted by several of our recipients in their own unique versions, including this sublime beaded beauty.

Endrucks 1920 Project, a huge milestone in my tatting journey, is pure collaboration! I will never reach any pinnacle of perfection and am aware of my limitations. Yet it makes me immensely happy to be able to pass on whatever I have learnt or discovered along the way. 

While the tatting community is growing, the blogging community is shrinking. Blog Land is getting a bit lonely with bloggers dropping off in favour of other platforms. Irrespective, I join those who persevere - I find it the best long-term platform and with absolute freedom to present and express in any kind of format. Let's see what the next years will bring ....

💓Cheers! And a huge thanks to the tatting community at large!💓

24 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your tenth anniversary and 800th post! Yes, it’s a shame that blogging is declining because it’s a marvelous way for us to collaborate and cooperate and learn from each other. I find Facebook very difficult to navigate. Anyway, I hope you will continue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jane 🥰 I certainly intend to continue and you won't get rid of me that easy 🤣

      Delete
  2. Congratulations for the anniversary! I assure you that you and many other amazing tatters have left a significant mark on the tatting community with your generosity to share your knowledge and with your inspiration. Thank you! I wish you many more years of enjoying tatting and blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lavi 🥰 Hopefully we will continue to enjoy for a long time 😁

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! That's awesome and your blog is fantastic, you are a true gem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, muskaan! It's wonderful to have been sharing all that time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anonymous, I feel good about the sharing part; yet would've preferred to complete my many series 😁🥰

      Delete
  5. This post in inspiring, as I find all of my interactions with you. I definitely agree with Lavinia. Your contributions have made a noticeable impact on the tatting community. You not only share your efforts with a pattern or technique, and many of those are collaborations with other tatters, but you teach us as well. Thank you for sharing yourself and your tatting experiences through your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely words, Anonymous! 🥰 Wish I knew who the 2 Anonymous comments are from, so thanks could be given properly 🌺

      Delete
  6. 10 lat to bardzo dobry wynik, jak na blogowanie- gratuluję i dziękuje że jesteś:) buziaki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Renata, 🥰 I miss your posts on tatting, although you and your participants keep impressing us with other skills 💗

      Delete
  7. I still enjoy my blog although I have not been blogging as long as you, and I dont blog as often as I did, I find its still one of the best platforms, there's no you cant say that, or post that. I have always enjoyed your blog not only for inspiration but learning even more tatting, I have only been tatting 51 years not long and there's always something new to learn or a different technique. Long may we continue to use our blogs. The Enducks project has given me a lot of pleasure and I have learnt a lot, so thank you Muskaan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so kind, Margaret 🥰 You guided me with some aspects of blogging/blogger when I first started. It is also easier to search and find stuff in a blog, besides the vast freedoms it offers.
      While I learned tatting in 1985, my true learning and transition to 'modern' has occurred only from 2014 through all the online resources and groups. And I've made several friends along the way 💗

      Delete
    2. I started tatting early 1970s, and since blogging I have learned about the new techniques from bloggers like you, the internet has opened up so much I wish we had had it years ago when I first started tatting.

      Delete
    3. I agree, Margaret 🌺🌺🌺

      Delete
  8. Congrats on TEN years and 800 posts. I love coming here to learn new techniques.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anonymous 💗Hope you continue to visit 🌺

      Delete
  9. Congratulations on 10 years!!! :)
    I love your blog and appreciate all the knowledge and tips you have shared!!! I am glad you continue!!
    I prefer the blogs myself and am thankful you are still posting to yours!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue 🥰 I hope to continue posting as long as I can. Blogging has given me a lot 💗

      Delete
  10. Congratulations on your Anniversary in Blogland. I'm posting as Anonymous as my browser is being "helpful" with new "safety measures" that I'm just too (harrumph) to decipher. I agree that blogs are much better than any other platform. Perhaps that's the Librarian in me. I learn things, but can only use them when I can archive them successfully!
    Here's wishes for many, many more blog posts!
    Melanie (picotsnkeys)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, sometimes our beloved devices/software can drive us bonkers! Thanks for persevering, Mel 🥰 Well said about archiving and organising. I wish I could devote much more time to updating my blog/posts/pages. 💗

      Delete
  11. Hello! It’s calling me Anonymous. Oh well. Many congratulations for 10 year’s service educating and describing tatting techniques! A huge “Thank you!” And you’ve shared 800 blogs! What a wealth of information and variety of topics! Blogging is the best means of sharing and learning available. So many digital avenues, but blogging is the best teaching format. Stay strong. Thank you for sharing and giving from the heart.
    Hugs,
    Anita Barry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What can I say, Anita, Blogger reserves the right to be whacky when it feels like it 😁 I can't complain, though, because it brought me friends like you, full of fun and inspiration 💗🌺💗 Thank you

      Delete