Sunday 11 December 2022

before and after 1

Pin It now! Our new game for the month of December is well underway, this time hosted by Ninetta, with patterns by Krystyna Mura and Ninetta Caruso. As admin we have certain privileges such as getting the pattern in advance and being able to tat them before anybody else ;-D. 

This time we converted a simple #tatmeEndrucks game into a contest for those willing to participate. Tat as many as you can and there is a 'cover prize'. Now as admin we are also at a disadvantage since it wouldn't be fair to count a model tatted beforehand in the contest. ;-P I got around it, just for kicks, with a Before and After look to the 2 patterns, working in some extras. Here's the first one ....

Tat Me Snowflake designed by Ninetta Caruso
I was privy to her design process and testing her Pretty Me Coaster version since our August game. https://tipsaroundthehome.blogspot.com/2022/09/aug-roundup-1.html .

At the time the 6-armed version wouldn't lie flat. We discussed a few options.
This is a variation of Endrucks' pattern #3 and the heart derived from it.

Ninetta came up with this clever adaptation by changing the stitch count of the chains around the heart. Notice how the lower one has broader repeats. The new version is kind of narrower.

So this is my BEFORE version. Worked in Red Heart size 20 with bicone crystals in 2 colours and sizes. All pre-strung on shuttle 2. The 2 sizes gives a better tapering effect to each arm.
I had deliberately left extremely tiny picots around the center intending to fill it up later with beads.

And this is the AFTER version (sorry the colours don't show up here). Took me an hour and half to embellish. All sewn in with sewing thread. I like my idea of the bugle beads sticking out creating a kind of very pointed star within.
The large bicone red crystal in the center is surrounded by 6 orange and 12 smaller green bicones.

The same taken in the sun showing the bead colours a bit better.
I liked the personal challenge of adding beads in 'new' ways.

In my next post I will show the 2nd Before and After.

If you wish to join in, you can find the patterns in our Endrucks 1920 Project FB group. Direct links are on the top in the right panel of my blog.

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Both before and after!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did an incredible job with tweaking the design, it was a pleasure to tat, Ninetta

      Delete
  2. So beautiful! I like the coaster too, but the snowflake is awesome, especially with the beads! I'd make it in white thread with light blue beads. Now I regret not having fb anymore lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you wish to tat it, Lavi, send me an email or you can wait till Jan when the pattern links will be uploaded to the EP doc. It will look lovely in white with blue beads! Do share a pic of your version, though

      Delete
  3. Beautiful both before and after, loving the snowflake patterns thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so exciting seeing all those stars and snowflakes coming in each day, Margaret

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, Jane, I enjoyed challenging myself 🌺

      Delete
  5. Phylis Petronino15 March 2023 at 19:48

    Beautifully done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Phyllis, and welcome to my blog 🌺

      Delete