Thursday 29 December 2022

before and after 4

Pin It now!
In November, our Chiacchierino FB group held an event. Daniella Galli diagrammed and presented a 3D angel pattern designed by Rita Santoro - Angelo Veuliah.

The skirt/gown looked like a bell and I was immediately tempted to tat one.
This is in Chameleon Sanbest 6 strands. It is most definitely true to its name! It actually changes from a musty gold in the shade to a vibrant green in sunlight!!! Wow.

The After version with beads, and other knickknacks strung through.

It is worked in one pass. My tatting could've been better, but ...... 
I also tatted one wing in regular thread. My idea was to tat several and use them as petals for a flower. However the single wing is still on the shuttles. Perhaps some day ...

💙 Many many thanks to Roberta and Daniella for this fun diversion 💙

8 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a great idea to make the dress into a bell! And that thread does indeed deserve its name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first discovered the change in colour, I was pretty stunned and did a double-take, Lavi 😁 Ninetta had sent me these threads along with a ton of other goodies. 💕

      Delete
  2. The 3D bell is really effective! Love the idea of chameleon thread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jane, I hope to put it (and other pieces) on my tree tomorrow and take pics. Hopefully the sun will come out. 💕😁

      Delete
  3. Chameleon thread! Fun! Lovely bell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thread actually had me confused for a bit till realisation hit me, Anita 🤣😍

      Delete