Thursday 11 August 2022

waves of satisfaction

Pin It now!

 As I said, the day was a washout in terms of tatting. I barely tatted a few chains. However yesterday (which I will call Day 8) made up for it in some ways.

I finished the 2nd wave and started on the 3rd.

This 2nd wave has a long flat trough and a slightly flattened crest.
When I placed the 2 wave lengths on the flag, there was a larger gap to cover.
As you can see, I did not bother with hiding ends neatly since the tails can be hidden under while gluing ;-P
Hence in the 3rd wave the lower segments are all 6ds instead of 4ds.
I kept getting so many ideas for variations - too many to ever try out! 

These are the 3 waves together for comparison.
One of my friends on FB shared sketches/graphics of waves and boy so many possibilities! Do I even have the skill to translate a few into tatting? Can't say, but it would certainly be an interesting challenge.

Today I will complete the 3rd wave and might have time to start with the coin. Assembling (gluing) will take an entire day if not more. And then to fill in any gaps with respective tatting. Guess I'm well on my way to completing it by 15th, phew.

6 comments:

  1. Well done. I like seeing how your waves are evolving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They turned to be just a tad short in length despite stretching them out a bit. 💜

      Delete
  2. Wonderful journey! I already can see what it will look like, it's going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nin. It has been a fun project for sure 💜

      Delete
  3. Very interesting! I can hardly wait to see it all come together! I'm always amazed by the challenges you set for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Posted the finished flag last evening, Diane and hope it met your expectations. Yes I prefer to challenge myself continuously 😁💜

      Delete