Monday 17 August 2020

hidden option

Pin It now! With the plethora of techniques available and the keen eye of a tatter, any pattern can be simplified to suit personal skills! Here is one such example; the 2nd will be in my next post.

Natalia showed me her working of the Hidden Rose Snowflake in 2 rounds instead of the original continuous serpentine one-round working. But this, too is made in one pass.
Incidentally there is already a degree of simplification I introduced with a 2nd working by moving in clockwise direction! Now we have a 3rd degree! Options galore - now you don't have an excuse for Not tatting the snowflake ;-P (scroll down for all the links)

Natalia Shakhnova's adaptation
I Love her insight! She works the 6 inner rings first, as a circle of split rings and then continues on to make each arm! There will be lesser scope for mixing up shuttles and directions, and probably easier to work in 2 colours if desired.

In her own words - 

And here is the comparative photo she sent ... notice how compact her 2nd snowflake looks where she works it in her 2-round method?! Like a few other tatters, she has opted out of the lock chains, using only regular chains. The roses look a bit more compact and filled in, though the lock chain texture is missing.

See more adaptations here - https://tipsaroundthehome.blogspot.com/2019/12/hidden-treasures.html and 2 patterns here - https://tipsaroundthehome.blogspot.com/2019/12/open-treasures.html. Incidentally Anita will be teaching the heart motif at Palmetto Tat Days this year.


All my snowflake patterns with updates - 

Many thanks, Natalia, for sharing your alternate working :-)

Bloggers, does your lead pic show in the blog feed as a thumbnail? I noticed some blogs continue to show the thumbnail in my feed, while others no longer show up. I tried a few different tweaks, but no luck. I got in touch with Jane McLellan & Ninetta, and we've all been sharing notes. So do You have any answers on how to get the thumbnail to show again?
Thanks

12 comments:

  1. Great! It fascinates me how different routes can be used to achieve the same or similar result.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was tickled pink when she sent me these, Jane 😃 Fascinating is right! 💗

      Delete
  2. The variety of possibilities continually amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is what keeps the art/craft of tatting alive and kicking, Emily 💕

      Delete
  3. I like Natalia's suggestion to tat the center first. Sometimes when I design there's the urge to let more pathways open & to think more to the next round than to the current ;-P so it's welcome a fresh mind that find a new way to the same destination, even respecting our work, we all learn together. Thank you very much for your beautiful rose snowflake ❄

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not have an excuse for not tatting this lovely pattern. Just don't have enough hours in the day! (I'm finally tatting your magic cross. It will be for a friend who just lost her husband.)
    As for the thumbnail, my all-things-internet advisor tells me I can't always control such things. She has given up making her websites look perfect. When she does dive in to correct how things look, she works with the HTML code. In my experience, I do not know HTML, that leads to things changing whenever the coding gets "updated" and "made better" which I cannot control. Sorry if that's a downer. Life on the Internet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am humbled that the magic square cross will be gifted on such a solemn occasion, Mel 💕
      I do not know HTML either, and had come to same conclusion - leave it to the higher powers to make changes, if at all. After all it is affecting so many bloggers.

      Delete
  5. Ah, that's great! I still haven't tatted the Hidden Rose Snowflake - but I will, I will!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praktyczne podpowiedzi, na pewno będzie łatwiej wysupłać ten przepiękny wzór:) Pozdrawiam serdecznie

    ReplyDelete