Wednesday 12 August 2020

what is, will be

 


Our Independence Day is just round the corner and these flag colour rosettes are up to something! They will only show their full bloom on the 15th ;-D   I still have more to tat. I would've thought the Blossoms project would make me tire of these, but no, I still enjoy the quick motifs.
These were tatted yesterday, only one today.

TIP :  I leave short tails till after blocking so that it is easy to identify front from back, and also to preempt any mishap!

For the last several days I was one of the test tatters for Grace's lovely braid pattern. It is made of hearts and she uses a larger heart to turn the corner. But, oops, can't show you just yet ;-P

In the midst of this exercise, I was asked for help with Teri's bookmark pattern (Dandelion Chain Link) and I have skimmed through her pattern and brushed up on my notes (in this post). My 2-colour version of the dandelions has inspired a couple of tatters on fb and they did a beautiful job of colouring the flowers. 
But guess what, it can be done in a simpler manner! But wait, I still have to tat one to test my idea before I reveal that!

Haven't been able to continue with the hanky edging. Should resume in a couple of days.

Then there's the next pictorial in the lock join plus series. All laid out, but I need fresh eyes to cleanit up before sharing. 

So, the seeds are all sown, most have taken root and grown shoots, but we'll have to wait for full bloom.
In this rainy season, with it's vast lush serene greenery, I chose Pradip Krishen's 'Trees of Delhi - A Field Guide' as backdrop. It is such a labour of love! So meticulously documented with colour photographs of 252 species of trees in my city state! He gives many details about each, including where exactly they can be seen and enjoyed locally. It feels like strolling down avenues and lanes lined with popular, common, as well as exotic species. 
The pages are all glossy and a pleasure to scroll through.

So not much to show at present .... patience, the trees will bear fruit ;-P

♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧

If you wish to tat along, in your flag or school or team colours, here's the count - 
[Ring: 5-15-5. ]×5, joining to picot on previous ring, and last to 1st ring.
In Anchor Pearl Cotton size 8, I will be making 12 florets in all for a 7" bracelet.
 

6 comments:

  1. You have a lot of pots on the boil!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe, yes, Jane and am enjoying peeping into one, stirring the other, spicing up a 3rd, ... 😃😄😃

      Delete
  2. Gosh, between seeds and blossoms, it looks like a full spring of blog posts is coming! Enjoy the book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the northern hemisphere, it will be fall and winter soon....so I better get a move on it, Nin 😃😄😯

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness you are super busy, and that is just with your tatting!!! :)
    Your florets are pretty!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, but that's all I do, Sue - tatting 😄😉😃 And breathing to stay alive 😉

      Delete