Thursday 13 August 2020

passing fancy

 

As if I didn't have enough 'pots boiling', I let myself be carried away with this! I finished the 12 florets for the bracelet mentioned yesterday. And they simply called out to adorn a tree. 

Can't say how many years/decades it's been since I painted something. But this is on my laptop using a Inking Stylus Pen (a Windows inking device for HP). I've tried the pen in the past weeks for a spot of this or that, but this is my first real experience.

Took me a couple of hours of relaxed brush strokes. So little to show for it.

Requires a Huge amount of practice and patience to improve (it is so much easier to mix and merge colours in oils and water paints, and so much paraphernalia to set up). But I'm not looking for perfection - only some fun (despite some cringe-inducing areas on that tree!) ;-D And I totally forgot the shadow!!!

Oh, and this is how the 'tree' looked before. We've all seen a barren tree, but have you ever seen a missing Tree Trunk  full of foliage and flowers?! Now you've seen it all, LOL.

These are in my flag colours - saffron, white, and green.
Now I must get back to assembling them into a bracelet like a proper tatter!


10 comments:

  1. What fun! I've been indulging in a bit of fluff tatting lately, but my efforts aren't as pretty as yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too modest, Mel! These flowers have now gathered into a bracelet :-)

      Delete
  2. Certainly a much better tree than I could produce!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jane, you are a gardener who can plant real trees!

      Delete
  3. Sometimes I think distraction is the only way to get things done 😜 Your tree is better than my drawing ever aspired, but it makes me want to pull out my pencils again....
    And your foliage without a trunk gave me a good laugh. 😉 Now to end my distraction and get back to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's a philosophy I truly live by, Emily ;-P
      I can think of so many functions/tools, and strokes that could've been used to improve the drawing. Tomorrow's a new day.

      Delete
  4. What a great laugh! Funny seeing the flowers without the tree trunk. Nice that you envisioned the tree. And, it's lovely seeing painting combined with tatting! The flowers are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anita, I told you not to laugh ;-P I have always enjoyed sketching and painting trees/tree trunks -- as freeform and freestyle as can be!

      Delete