Thursday 25 June 2020

bonding together

Pin It now!

I haven’t been able to pick up my shuttles for the last several days - a tatting hiatus seems quite inviting! But I have permission (some for quite a while now) to share pics of stuff inspired or learned from this blog. 
So here's a colourful spread to cheer us all -
Tatting binds us.....and liberates us! Soaring together ....

In no particular order ….
Krystyna Mura – tweaked Blossoms heart (from Buddy Hearts) to create quite a wild boho version. Love it!

Sheetal Kakodkar – her bookmark journey took a zigzag path instead of S turns, giving us such a picturesque view! Tweaked from the picoted S-chain tutorial! (https://tipsaroundthehome.blogspot.com/2020/04/picoted-s-chain-cords.html)

Carolyn Miller – her practice piece for various techniques, starting with Interlaced Rings. She has cleverly converted it to hold picot gauges. See, we put every little piece to good use!

Margaret Davies – Such a beautiful adaptation of the Hidden Rose snowflake into an ice drop! She shared the pattern here - http://margaretsdesignercardspatternsandhowt.blogspot.com/2020/05/hidden-rose-ice-drop.html

Usha Shah had tatted and sent me her version of the Magic Square Cross almost within hours of my posting the pattern!

Anita Barry - Master Tatter - has often been inspired, and sent me her off-shoots –
 
Inspired by the Heartland Rainbow Snowflake, she went wild with these hearts ...posing as plumes on a proud peacock and colourful heart balloons (lead pic top) – such happiness and good cheer emanates from these - a true reflection of her peesonality!

 
Remember my invite to design-play? This is how Anita added a new round to the NeoVintage heart.  Looks like an embrace,  doesn't it? !

She has also shared her count.

And finally, such an honour - she used the Rosette Enchained Ice Drop only-chains idea to frame a miniature of her tatting teacher!
This is how the back looks.

I know of 2 tatters who actually learned treble tatting in order to make the Peacock in the Snow flake - one of them worked it a second time using a different colour palette !

These are but a few of what I would like (or remember,  sadly) to accommodate. Any omission is due to a faulty memory, not intentional.
There are quite a few others I have to share, but need to hunt them down for a future post. I invite you to send in your versions to share in my blog!

Many thanks to all these wonderful tatters – 
you inspire me to try harder and do better!

You can find links to respective pattern or tutorial in one of these pages –
All my Snowflake patterns - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1r4OmXX_c5LjFebMN2UbSNiYqXYETLmoridK0X1YIQco/view

18 comments:

  1. What a wonderful collection of creativity! Take care, stay safe and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True that, Mel :-))) Thank you for your wishes, and always the best to you, too.

      Delete
  2. Wow muskaan, it’s wonderful how you have inspired others. I love the way people take an idea and adapt it, that’s how progress is made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I've been inspired by the community as well, Jane :-D It is always so exciting to see where someone will take one's design!

      Delete
  3. Everything is lovely, thank you for sharing your tatting and inspiring others 💕🌹🌹🌹

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can the same for you, dear Ninetta :-)))

      Delete
  4. Beautiful differences. I want to do some. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please go ahead and remember to share your versions, kazia :-)))

      Delete
  5. All such lovely creations! They have me wanting to pick up my shuttle too. I haven't had much time for tatting either lately. I absolutely love the idea to tat a backing for a miniature. It is so very creative! And Usha Shaw's cross has reminded me I want to work your Huguenot cross! Perhaps that will be my project for a long road trip I take in July.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always happy to hear from your, Emily :-))) Enjoy your road and tatting trip.

      Delete
  6. So much inspiration from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and I garner the same from you, Master Anita :-)))

      Delete
  7. Those are fabulous!!! :)
    See, I told your you are an inspiration!!! :)
    Also, you are a great teacher too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and you are making me blush, dear Sue :-)))

      Delete
  8. Thank you dear Muskaan❤ Nice work by everyone. The bond gets stronger�� always feel great to try your patterns. lot to learn from your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss your blogging, Usha! Hopefully you will return to it soon?
      Thanks for the lovely comment 💗

      Delete
  9. Thank you for sharing my ice drop from your pattern, You give us all such inspiration with our tatting

    ReplyDelete