Sunday 7 June 2020

opening more petals

Pin It now!
Continuing the Peony from my last post, here’s how far I have come. Despite the risk of boring you, it is more efficient to share the pattern for the 3 new rounds, than let my work pile up ;-D Not to mention how excited I am to show the flower blooming!
These 3 rounds, like the previous one, are all dimpled chains, lock joined to previous round. They can be worked in one pass, although I have cut after each round since I am guessing and tweaking the count as I go. Hence if any one round does not work out, I have the option to snip it off rather than unravel it. I haven't had to resort to the former yet.

PEONY (DIP)
pattern continued - Rounds 3 - 5
NOTES -
  1. Folded chain technique is used to create the dimples – a set of 1st half stitches (fhs) followed by a set of 2nd half stitches (shs) creates a beautiful dent.
  2. Although starting each round afresh, I used false CTM, adding the chain thread after tatting the 1st chain, so that the tails are hidden in different chains.
  3. Rounds 2 to 5 can be worked in one pass, climbing out with split chain.
  4. As the chains get longer, ensure the stitches are snugged properly at regular intervals before making the lock join.
  5. I count the lock join, followed by 2nd half stitch as 1 double stitch.
  6. Pattern for Rounds 1 and 2 can be found here

Each round is worked with one shuttle and ball (Anchor crochet cotton, size 20), continuous thread. Attach to free picot on previous round.


ROUND 3 -
Chain : 2 vsp 5 - 3, 4fhs 4shs, 8 vsp 2. lock join to next space.
Repeat all around, 10 times, joining to previous chain and last chain to the first.
Measures 3”

ROUND 4 -
Chain : 2 vsp 10, 4fhs 4shs, 4 – 6 vsp 2. lock join to next space.
Repeat all around, 10 times, joining to previous chain and last chain to the first.
Measures 3½”

ROUND 5 -
Chain : 2 vsp 8 - 6, 4fhs 4shs, 6 - 8 vsp 2. lock join to next space.
Repeat all around, 10 times, joining to previous chain and last chain to the first.
Measures 4¼”

As you can see, I am having too much fun to stop the flower from blooming further! Let's see how far I can take it ....


Pictorials and practice patterns for Interlaced Rings - https://tipsaroundthehome.blogspot.com/search/label/interlaced%20rings


10 comments:

  1. Oh wow, it’s splendid! The variegated thread is just perfect for the outer petals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jane 😍🌺💕 I've been so tempted to make it 3D 😉

      Delete
  2. This is wonderful! The dimples add great texture to those chains.
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My original sketch had simple chains, but when am I known to stay the course 😉😄😃 So glad you like the dip, Stephanie 💕🌺

      Delete
  3. Truly beautiful in the simplicity! Well done!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so very much, Sue and Mel :-D Next round is completed, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful I can see that pattern would make a great set of coasters
    Love the pattern

    ReplyDelete