Sunday 13 March 2022

one month several years

Pin It now!

It's been a month since I last picked up my shuttles today, and boy did it feel good! All my time away from life activities was being spent on the compy trying to complete presentations, diagrams, reviews, or other backroom Project stuff.

This is a prototype of Linked Happy Hands Bookmark - an adaptation of Endrucks' pattern #1 edging. If you remember, I always felt they looked like arms extended above a head, and linked together, which is why I gave it a name.

I first tried the idea of cross-linking in 2015, using size 20 Red Heart thread. Too thick, but the contrasting colours bring out the interlinked 'hands'. 
This time I picked up the straight edging in Anchor size 40 (https://tipsaroundthehome.blogspot.com/2021/11/from-one-to-many.html) to continue and see how I could turn the corner. 
I have deliberately kept it simple for now, with lots of picots to provide choices for whatever might follow later.

Because, my goal is to tat each motif in a different colour to represent the collective diversity of our Endrucks 1920 Project, like I explained in the last para here - https://tipsaroundthehome.blogspot.com/2021/03/balancing-act.html.

So what do you think? Any ideas or suggestions?

There is a lot of pattern #1 related activity and adaptations going on in our FB group. It is the pattern I have chosen for the next article to send to IOLI Bulletin. It was chosen after consulting with Ninetta and a lot of thought, for various reasons, one of them being that many tatters had gotten involved with adaptations from this motif, including needle tatting. It was also 'modernized' while still retaining the 100-year old flavour. Thus it seemed like the perfect reflection of what our Project represented - a community effort to modernize patterns from the 1920 book. There are some spectacular models that have come in but a couple are under wraps for now. Hopefully I'll be able to showcase them all in my blog a few months down the line.

Endrucks 1920 Project details , links, patterns, ..... - 
This doc is also in the process of being updated and reorganized. Takes time, though. And this time I have a deadline to meet, hence tatting will continue for the next few days, yay!


10 comments:

  1. Would make an excellent bookmark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ❤🙆‍♂️🙆🙆‍♀️🙆🙆‍♂️🙆‍♀️❤

      Delete
  2. Happy hands indeed! Lovely bookmark and I can see it in various colours, it will be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still musing over colours 😜🙆‍♀️🙆🙆‍♂️🙆🙆‍♀️🙆‍♂️

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Will try to post a pic of the finished bookmark, with tail, Sue 🙆‍♂️🙆🙆‍♀️🙆‍♂️🙆‍♀️🙆

      Delete
  4. I like this bookmark, the Endrucks pattern certainly works well into a bookmark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completed it with a shelled tail, but just can't find the time to blog about it, Margaret. 👯‍♀️👯‍♀️👯‍♀️

      Delete
  5. Great way of linking the Happy Hands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And super easy too, Anita 💞 Plenty of space 👯‍♀️👯‍♀️👯‍♀️

      Delete