Sunday 16 February 2020

impeccable timing

Pin It now!
We all know and admire Judith Connors’ impeccable tatting, but her timing is, too! Remember how her dictionary arrived on International Tatting Day?  

This time her newsletter, ‘Talking Tatting’, arrived on Valentine’s Day! And a complete surprise since I was expecting a digital copy some day, not a physical one.
She has made certain I remember exactly which days her gifts arrived ;-D

What is even more special is that my pattern is part of their 10th anniversary celebration. It is an honour in every which way, isn’t it?! Can't blame me for wanting to shout from the rooftops.

I enjoyed reading through the entire newsletter. Informative, interesting, inspiring.
I rummaged through my numerous containers/envelopes to locate all the clover wreath lace I had made and used them to cover up the text. A few words/sentences in both images are blanked out.

The printed medallion on the left is tatted by Judith, the mat on the right is an image of the actual ecru mat you see below. She drew a diagram along with the pattern (in her own words). 
Many thanks, Judith.

I had started a border/edging for the mat, but haven’t gotten very far. Only thing I am certain of is that I want the 6 ring florets to be complete around the border. For the rest, I’d like to keep it simple and a bit airy to counter the relatively dense look.

I’m eager to get started on this again and finish it off. I’ve shared the beaded poinsettia pattern, but not the actual medallion. Thought I’d do it along with the completed edging. But if anybody wants the medallion pattern, let me know and I’ll release it. I merely need to rearrange and format the diagrams, etc.

All Clover Wreath posts, pics, & notes 

9 comments:

  1. How wonderful muskaan to see your work used like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, muskaan, for permission to share your Clover Wreath pattern with Queensland Tatters. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure entirely, Judith :-))) You did such an excellent job of presenting the pattern (obviously!).

      Delete
  3. Wow! Congratulations! Beautiful mat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nin :-)) Now to figure out an edging...

      Delete
  4. How can one get this newsletter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam, I hope Judith sees this and replies. If not, I will ask her permission to share the address and get back to you.

      Delete
  5. Sam, Talking Tatting is distributed within Australia as a hard copy, with no PayPal facility. Some Aussies 'shout' their overseas friends subscriptions. Do you have contact with an Aussie?

    ReplyDelete