Tuesday 11 February 2020

cuori adorabili

Pin It now!
Don’t blame me if you see pinks and reds all around - ‘tis the season!
All hearts worked in Anchor Pearl cotton size 8.
The order in which I tatted them ....

The link to this heart pattern was shared on facebook. It is a 2009 Valentine’s Day heart by Polish blogger Alexander Dajczak.   
Ring spanned with a chain is one of my favourite motifs! And it is an easy way to get the threads across if you don't like split rings.
I worked with ball and shuttle and started with the top right of 5 center leaves and moved counterclockwise to return back to first ring.
I added a few graduated picots at the tip.
TIP : One addition I would make is to add a stabilising picot on the 10ds chains - 2 vsp 8.
It is 5 cms high, 6½ cms wide.

An event was organised in the Chiacchierino: Filo, Amore e Fantasia facebook group that had free heart patterns by 2 very talented ladies. They have another online meeting on the 14th, if you are interested.

Stefania Di Cesare shared 3 versions of All My Heart of which I made only the first to get an idea of the size. Eventually I’ll try another with bead in the center of the ring, and a beaded double picot. (16 mm picot.)
Another of my favourite effects is concentric rings or chains and this design had it in abundance! 
I went with some colour-play, BUT ….
TIP : ... I carried the core thread of previous round into the next. Delayed cutting and fewer ends to sew in. More importantly, no colour blip in the lock join since it was the same colour as the picot!
It is 3 cms high, a bit over 3 cms wide. 

Daniela Galli shared her heart titled the same as the event - Un cuore per San Valentino.
It is also supposed to be worked in one pass using a split ring to climb out. But I could see another heart in the central medallion, hence chose a spring theme palette.
I added a teardrop using my floating beads method.
I like the heart inside a heart!
It is 4½ cms high, 5 cms wide. 

It was great fun doing these quick little tats on the side. I like them all!!! The 2 Italian ones I did in the same evening.
I am still not taking up any large doily (though there are numerous beautiful ones floating about) in order to focus on other stuff, including writing up the snowflake patterns.

Many, many thanks to Daniela, Stefania, & Alexander 
for sharing their beautiful patterns

14 comments:

  1. You’ve used colour so well to enhance the designs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you think so, Jane 💚💙💜

      Delete
  2. Proste i piękne serduszka :)
    Pozdrawiam ciepło.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicely done, they are beautiful and well done with references 💕I am so lacking in this area. Thankyou for the patterns🦋💐🦋

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for noticing, Carollyn 💗 It takes time and effort to list and confirm all references/links accurately. But a stitch in time 😉 saves us all the hunt later 😄😃

      Delete
  4. Wonderful tatting of all those hearts!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When the designs are enticing, Sue 😉💗💗💗

      Delete
  5. Lovely use of colours, you found a clever way to hide the core thread 👍🌹

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ninetta, I've used it before, eg in the Valley of flowers mandala 😉 💚💙💜

      Delete
  6. This pink heart is so beautiful. I wish I could tat better. But I'm certainly admiring them. You're so blessed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every baby step will soon take you towards higher skill levels - we have all learned in this manner and hope you will, too 😍💖🧡

      Delete