Sunday 31 March 2024

happy ITD 2024

Pin It now!

 A day early, but we love our tatting year round, don't we?! So, keep your tatting tools and materials ready, choose your pattern, friends, and location, and have a blast with chocolate, tea, and chatting!!!

This is such a quick and fun medallion from Rebecca Jones' 'The Complete Book of Tatting', Fig. 123.
Tatted in Lizbeth size 20, with half-closed rings (HCR) instead of chains or bare thread to bridge the distance. A single-shuttle pattern obviously.

TIP: Notice how the top and top right cords appear more pointed than the rest? It shows how you can change the curve by changing how far you close the ring! The middle ring in both is closed more than halfway as seen in the shorter bare thread space. I'm tempted to tat another with a sharper pentagon shape, LOL.

I did use a folded picot gauge for the HCRs , but messed up with some of the rings. Of course the sure shot method would've been to use beads.

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

After a hiatus of three months, we begin our new game of the month for this year tomorrow, in the Endrucks FB group! Let me know if  you wish to join even if you aren't on FB. This is our pre-announcement:

A game of decoration where you will get a chance to
  • Refresh your skills
  • Learn something new
  • Apply your new learning
  • Do a bit of designing
  • And all while beautifying a little model!
It all depends on how far you wish to take it! But let us warn you that this can be quite addictive!

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹 Once again, a very happy International Tatting Day to all 🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

23 comments:

  1. That’s very clever. Happy international tatting day to you too. I plan to work on the next round of the Spring doily tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How I wish I could join in with the Spring doily - such a lovely pattern! Enjoy, Jane 💖🍫

      Delete
  2. Lovely mofit, very clever how you did some of the rings more closed than others, I would love to try this pattern, but I am sure I dont have this book, will have to look though the book case.
    Happy International tatting day, its a bank holiday here and I intend to work on a bookmark for a change from the TTAL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Margaret, it is a very simple pattern - something you can tat up on your own. The HCR cord is so flexible and forgiving, unlike bare thread or tatted chains. Oh, reminds me I have a bookmark tatted but not blogged! Enjoy 💖🍫

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to this new adventure! I am a bit intimated by the designing aspect. I am working on the last 2 rounds of the Renulek 2023 spring doily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may find that the designing emerges as a natural 'side-effect', Debra 😃 But fear not, you set your own goals. Looking forward to your progress on the Spring doily! 💖🍫

      Delete
  4. Lovely motif! It's amazing how the old books reveal always something "new" when we have the chance and the time to tat with attention even one pattern from them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said, Nin, absolutely true! 💖🍫

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Welcome, Carol, hope you have a great tat-chat-chocolate-chai day ahead 💖🍫

      Delete
  6. What a pretty motif! The colorway you've chosen is lovely, too. Such nice inspiration for a day dedicated to tatting. :)
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stephanie 💖🍫 Hope you have a wonderful day planned, too! I did do some tatting this morning - will show soon - along with the other 'rituals' 😁

      Delete
  7. This motif is so pretty, and the colorway perfectly enhances the beauty!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue, hope you had a great day celebrating tatting! 💖🍫 I am often vary of using variegated threads, but this one worked out beautifully.

      Delete
  8. Oh look!!! I just opened my I.O.L.I. bulletin -- what a lovely article!!! Congrats. I'm looking forward to trying the 6-point interlaced motif ; ) I made a couple of interlaced pieces, patterns by Betty Alderson. I like the design you have in the article and the colors!! https://lelia-stitchesoflife.blogspot.com/search/label/Betty%20Alderson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you enjoyed the article and am looking forward to your version of the motif!!! Thank you, Carol! 😍🍫 My copy of the bulletin takes over 6 weeks at the earliest to reach me 😁

      Delete
  9. Hi, this is a nice and beautiful technique, I remember you also posted a heart with these rings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a very good memory, Marja! 😍 Thank you🍫

      Delete
  10. A late Happy Tatting Day to you! I love a game involving tatting....must check it out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't really need a day to celebrate, do we 😁Any time spent tatting is a great day! I will mail you the details, Mel.

      Delete
    2. Sent. Check your Inbox. 💖🍫

      Delete
  11. Śliczny jest ten motyw, a cieniowana nitka dodaje uroku. :)
    Pozdrawiam ciepło.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to agree, splocik! Thank you 💖🍫

      Delete