Friday 1 March 2024

waiting for spring

Pin It now!

 It's been a long winter and we are barely stepping into spring. We expect a few more weeks of waning winter since Holi is late this year.

Hubby has been prepping our little balcony garden and this time we have Jasmines. There are plenty of blooms and buds on the plant, I simply picked up two that had dropped. Their fragrance is milder than mogras (which I've shared before). 

Hubby took this sunrise pic on the leap day! The sun looks a lot farther (smaller and less red) than in real life, blame it on the phone camera. 
For almost three months we barely had any sunlight during the first half of the day which is mostly the only time we get direct sunlight. A lot of it had to do with severe air pollution. Finally the last ten days or so have been glorious and we've been able to sit and enjoy some Vitamin D time!

And I pruned some ajwain this morning. These leaves have since been washed and separated, and the twig broken into smaller pieces to dry and use in dishes. 

Just wanted to say Hi and hope you are all doing well! 

12 comments:

  1. We have jasmine in the garden, but it’s very fussy about where it will grow. You must be relieved the air pollution isn’t blocking the sun now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll keep our fingers crossed the jasmine will find their position comfy. Plants can be so finicky at times! 😁 Yes, whatever sunlight we get is much appreciated, Jane. 💗

      Delete
  2. I love the smell of jasmine! How do you use ajwain?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mel, I use fresh leaves in pasta as garnish - they gel very well with bechamel sauce. Otherwise I dry them and store. Crush before sprinkling on salads, etc.
      I tried leaf pakodas but didn't see any difference between spinach leaf pakodas.

      Delete
  3. I love Jasmine, both the winter yellow one and the summer white one,
    Thank you for displaying my picture of the Endrucks project on Facebook the other day, I am in Facebook jail at the moment, I can post and press like but I cannot comment, someone tried to get into my Facebook page and failed, shows the high security I have one it works, but they put me in jail, only another 8 days to go, in the meantime, I am looking at your apge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, hoping the days fly by till you are released from FB jail! We appreciate all your Endrucksian tatting and designing, Margaret 😍

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, Phyllis, wish the real scene could've been captured better 🩷

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you get a chance to enjoy some clearer air. The leaves on the jasmine remind me of the softness of violet leaves. Wish I could sit on your balcony with you to enjoy the fragrance. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would certainly be great to have your company, Eliz, any time any where 😍 The leaves are actually edible ajwain or oregano leaves, fabulously aromatic!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful sunrise picture!!! :)
    My camera and phone camera cannot capture the sun or moon well at all. They always look so much farther in the pictures than they look with my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto, Sue! 💗 There are such gorgeous yellow flowers in the little park below us, but no point in taking a pic as they will show up only as tiny dots, LOL

      Delete