Thursday 14 January 2021

hidden pathway

I know many of you must feel that the hidden rose should stay hidden and not be seen so frequently, but what can I do when hidden assets keep surfacing?! How many secrets are hidden in this little snowflake? 

This time it is yet another pathway discovered by Melanie Cervi (or Mel as we fondly know her) who was put off by the paperclips required in my original instructions. So she set off into the woods, clearing away the trees in her path (thankfully, not literally) to leave a trail without clips!!! 

Sequence notated

When she emailed me a month back, I honestly could not figure out how she did it. Clearly my mind was blocked: any which way I went, at least one clip was required. It was only when she posted her instructions here, that I was amazed and amused ;-D In the above model (tatted by Mel), I have inked the sequence. Tatting progresses in clockwise direction and is made in one serpentine pass. 

So this takes the sequence toll to FOUR! We have 4 ways to work this snowflake ... so far ;-P 

You can find links to the pdfs and posts, as well as the rose, ice drop, and heart adaptations in my Snowflake doc here.

Don't forget to skip over to Mel's blog to read her instructions as well as ideas for future experiments and trials - http://picotsnkeys.blogspot.com/2020/12/year-muskaan-floated-idea-of-hidden.html . I've put it on my to-tat list.

UPDATE: Mel made a tatted biscornu using the snowflake patttern! Check it out here - http://picotsnkeys.blogspot.com/2021/06/biscornu-finished.html


But before I leave, here's another lovely pair tatted by the talented Anna Tedesco and shared on facebook. Sorry for poaching the image, Anna, but it is just too cute! Anna has a facebook group - Tatting Art where you can scroll through all her gorgeous projects.


Many thanks, Mel and Anna - keep the spring of inspiration alive 💖

12 comments:

  1. I'm blushing!! Like a rose! Thank you for your compliments and encouragement. I am still thinking of ways to use the Hidden rose idea. Nothing into thread yet.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you deserve way more compliments than I've mentioned here, Mel - the way you convert music to lace is quite unique! Looking forward to your future experiments 😍💕

      Delete
    2. My design sketchbook is filling! Now to find more hours in the day to put the ideas into thread!

      Delete
    3. 🥂💖🤩 Wish we could 'make' time just as we 'make' lace, Mel 😄

      Delete
  2. Wonderful that people find different ways of tatting the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know how I love having options, Jane, and am thoroughly pleased with what tatters are doing with this pattern 💕😍

      Delete
  3. That's amazing, I too love having options!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And we learn so much from your blogged options, Nin 🤩💕

      Delete
  4. Ah, I was attempting this pattern several months back and had trouble getting a neat result. Now I am inspired to try again with a different path and see if my finish is better.... 😮🤔

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to tat both Natalia's and Mel's versions myself to get a firsthand feel. Would love to get feedback from you and others about their favourite pathway, Emily 💕🤩 unless a 5th pathway comes along 🤪

      Delete
  5. Wow, what fun! I need to play with this myself...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I wouldn't be surprised if you come up with yet another pathway, Grace 😁😍 It's difficult to say if this was a bad design or pure genius 🤪

      Delete