Tuesday 26 November 2019

sidetracked

Pin It now!

It’s really not difficult to sidetrack me! Happily so, as far as the actual tatting goes. That my own work goes into pending, well nothing new there ;-D

Marina posted her stacked rings earrings on facebook and I took a shot at it. Very simple & quick, can use up thread left over on shuttle, can adapt to suit bead and thread size. She posted a series of process pics with notated instructions. Very clear directions and hints at how to adapt.

I used Anchor 20 thread and a 9mm pearl. My rings are 30ds each, but I could’ve gone up to 32ds. My first try with 34ds ring didn't work out. Since the size of this Mercer crochet cotton is equivalent to a Lizbeth 10, it holds it's shape well.

Gold finding wouldn’t gel with the midnight blue & pearl, hence it was converted into a pendant.
It took less than half an hour from start to finish!

TIP : Use a thread that slides easily since the rings are large.
One can add smaller beads to embellish the rings. 

At first glance they had reminded me of Ninetta’s giggly earrings which are a bit more elaborate, but the same principle is appliedStacked or interlaced rings using a single shuttle. 

Many many thanks to Marina for sharing her fun pattern.  

Tomorrow I will tell you about my other distraction (or attraction ;-P) ….

8 comments: