Sunday 4 August 2019

decorating in August

Pin It now!
Snowflake #7 in Land of Laces25 Snowflake Project !

If there can be snowflakes in June/July, why not start with tree decorations in August?!
This Sunday I have 2 tiny stars and a Christmas tree motif for Dorota’s project.

Starlets and MatheMagical Tree  
All 3 projects require only one single shuttle with ball.

The starlets are quick projects to empty shuttles.

Recognise the teal star? Yes, it is the centre from the Repetition Doily. Here are the starlets with the snipped off center. 
I had an idea to use a beaded circle on which this starlet could be anchored, but totally forgot to tat it. Any ring can also be used.

Starlet #1 is a chains-only pattern, starting with a mock ring (SCMR) and climbing out to work the other rounds in one pass. Notice that the outermost chains have their stitches facing inwards. I used a simple picot and folded chain to get the pointed tip.


Starlet #2 is a single round of inward-facing chains with long interlaced picots. In order to get the tip, a small seed bead is moved from the shuttle when required.
Care is required when interlacing so that they move over/under correctly.


Starlet #2 – Ice Drop Process for an ice drop variation is also provided in the pdf.

These make for quick inserts for greeting cards, or to embellish on top of a card. Or as tree ornaments, naturally :-)

Dancing with the stars, all starry-eyed !!!

It is clear from the name that this is a derivation of the snowflake. While tatting the flakes, a single arm looked like a conifer, so I included this in as my #7B, since the starlets are too tiny ;-P
Here, I used green in shuttle, and brown ball.

I made a slight alteration by adding unanchored rings along the center. (If desired, tat 2 rings, one for the front, and one larger behind, for an even fuller look.) 
And picots, of course! 
Picots caused a dilemma! With asymmetrical rings, how to join to the middle picot of each ring since one would have an odd & the other an even number of picots! I solved this by starting and finishing the 'even' rings with 1ds instead of the regular 2ds in the 'odd' rings. Thus I got the same number (odd) picots in both rings and could link in the middle.

Can you see a bell here with slight modification?!

Now here's the deal. pdf for the starlets is ready and link is shared. BUT presenting the tree pattern is posing a problem. I don't need a test-tatter, but can somebody volunteer to look at the draft and answer a couple of my questions and help to simplify it? That is if you think the pattern is even worth the trouble ;-D I
 need to sleep over it some more, yawn, the bell tolls !!!


20 comments:

  1. I'd love to look at it...and give it a try and see what (little) I could improve to make it tatter friendly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, Cyn 🌹💗🌹💗 I've emailed the draft (to both addresses since I don't know which one is current).

      Delete
  2. Lovely tiny starlets❇✴ the tree looks unique too👍🏻

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely starlets, I like how you made the ice drop. Very beautiful tree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby can't get over how beautiful the tree looks, Nin 😀😄😃

      Delete
  4. Good idea to make the stars into a stand-alone motif. Are you right with the tree pattern or do you need another set of eyes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saved on hiding tails there 😄😄😄
      Jane, you have Always been so helpful, but I didn't want to take undue advantage. I would definitely love to have your input 💖🌹💖

      Delete
  5. Great Christmas decorations!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they brighten your Christmas, Sue 🌹🌹🌹

      Delete
  6. The tree is stunning. Everyone I have showed it to loves it. If you still need someone to view the pattern, I can do it for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, hubby will say 'told ya' 😄 Thanks for volunteering, Melissa. I've already received input from Jane and will hear from Cyn soon. Will let you know in case ... 💖🌹💖

      Delete
  7. It is worth the "trouble" gosh it is beautiful!!! How many different trees are in the forrest and yet each is unique and needed.. just like yours ;)) I would gladly view it if you need someone to help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicely put, Cassandra 💖👍 I did a quick search through the trees in Craftree, and this tatted trees were all so pretty. It was heartening to see that mine was different, phew.
      Thanks for offering, and I'll get back to you if I still have a problem 🌹💖🌹

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous patterns and I love the trees and stars

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Margaret, Daniela, and Eliz 💜💚💙

    ReplyDelete

  10. Some reason for why you need to provide weird presents are given below. They all are distinctive and surprising. If you are curious to know more about going away gifts, check here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it looks like a redwood, or Giant Sequoia with its sturdy base and branches way up in the air.. Love it. I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that you mention it, yes, Just4tatts 😃 Perhaps if we make long picots and fray them, it will look more coniferous? 🌲🌲🌲

      Delete