Sunday 28 July 2019

budding dahlias

Pin It now!
Snowflake #6 in Land of Laces25 Snowflake Project !

By the skin of my teeth! The new keyboard arrived last evening and I’ve been working to get the pattern out alongside the new snowflake. Phew, made it! Staying off the net helped me reboot as well ;-P
So, taking your feedback into consideration, this is what I’ve come up with.

  Budding Dahlia Snowflakes  

You are in for a treat again, with 4 patterns in one! 16 patterns (main plus variations) have now been shared in the past 6 weeks - not bad at all!

I used seed beads between the mock rings to add colour, stability, and a better finish.

There is one unflipped half stitch right after closing the mock ring to lock it into place, then the bead is moved in place from shuttle1.

I think these look cute and can be used as embellishment in so many different ways!

But to challenge myself, I tried adding more rounds. This is the medium-sized version made with ball and shuttle since the Josephine rings at the tip are mock rings in order to create a pointed chain.
I have listed numerous other ways in which one could make pointed chains for an overall different effect. eg. a seed bead, dot picot, right angle, mimosa knot, one-stitch scmr, SLT, pointed chain, etc.
Wanting to keep a connection to the JRs on rosette, I stuck with JRs throughout. But I’d love to see diversity.

This is the large version with dahlia in mind. It continues from the medium version and is worked similarly, but free-form, with petals of differing lengths.
This is undoubtedly a flower flake pattern!!!

Some petals are lock joined to a free picot on round1, but most are joined to the space between 2 chains in round2. Use a finer crochet hook to pull up a loop for joining. Petals are also linked to each other towards the base – after 2 or 4 stitches.

And a bonus sunflake variation! I tweaked the count of this maroon trial, since some of you liked it. This requires 2 shuttles and the difference in the chain arch when a JR is thrown versus when it is a mock ring is clearly visible here - the smooth chain versus the pointed chain.


All previous patterns are listed under Snowflakes here  


11 comments:

  1. Wow muskaan, you’ve really surpassed yourself! The one round one is still my favourite (thanks) but I like the bigger ones too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comments and feedback mean a lot to me, dearest Jane 💗🌹💗 Happy happy dance 😄😄😄

      Delete
  2. I think it was great idea with this project ;-D - because of all that new patterns! Somewhere in my head was shy idea: maybe I will make 25 new snowflake patterns before Christmas? But it's great to see that not only me feel inspiration because of this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you found sufficient courage to post the challenge, Dorota :-))) You can how much fun I am having - making and also seeing others make them. Thank you once again for the inspiration - your flakes are so beautiful!

      Delete
    2. Thank you, your patterns are also beautiful, and perfect, and I love to inspiring people to creating.And I need it too,(that inspiration) so big thank you for join this project! You give me more energy to don't stop.

      Delete
  3. Wow, 16 already? Congratulations, they are all lovely! I love how you used the Jr for the pointed chains and absolutely love the fact that, in colours, they all look as they were flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-D, but I'm counting them as 6 (for now!). Glad you like the JR 'points', Ninetta, but I kept wondering how the petals would look with all the other kinds of pointed chains. Can't keep tatting the same pattern over and over, though ;-P

      Delete
  4. Fabulous snowflakes!!! :)
    Thank you for sharing your patterns!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope a couple of them adorn your Christmas tree this year, Sue :-D

      Delete
  5. thanks for share information, nice blog.

    ReplyDelete